20

♡~Amaryllis~♡
Days passed and I kept that incident at the back of my mind and convinced myself that Jack is still good, that it was an accident. I know that I should probably leave him but I can't find the strength to do it, I'm madly in love and maybe that love is costing me. I heard my mobile phone ring and I groaned when I saw the caller ID.

📲Amaryllis, where are You?
📱At work Jack.
📲How can I believe you, you're a compulsive liar.

At this point, I was already gritting my teeth in anger. I'm a compulsive liar? I was busy exchanging words with Jack when I bumped into a person, causing the both of us to fall back. My phone slid away from my hands and raised my head to look at the stranger only to gasp.

You know that typical scene where a girl bumps into a boy and they both fall and the girl starts apologizing whilst acting like a lovesick puppy, that's exactly it right now, I'm the puppy acting girl, apologizing.

"It's okay" the man said, voice deep and captivating.
"I'm so sorry, I should've really paid attention and anyway, I've never seen you before..." I trailed off, standing up
"Yeah I'm the new substitute teacher, Nathaniel Brassard" the man greeted and I smiled.
"Amaryllis" I said, shaking his hands.
"Amarylis are really pretty flowers, I suppose that's why it's your name" I stupidly smiled but that's until my phone ringtone sounded and I picked it up with a frown.
"Sorry I had to cut our weird meeting off Nathaniel Brassard but I hope to see you" I waved at him as I walked towards the school grounds.

📱Yes Jack?
📲....

A scarf was lightly draped on my neck as I sat down with the other four. The table was quiet which was a rarity so I took it upon myself to find out.

"Why is it so quiet, did someone die? Mei you look sad, what's up" I asked and the other three shot me a look.
"You don't know?" Isabella questioned and  I slowly nodded.
"How would she know, she's busy with that man of hers. She hardly ever contacts us anymore if she's not calling to ask for something" Hu Li snapped and I looked down in guilt.
"I...uh...I'm sor-sorry" I stuttered, fiddling with the hem of my shirt.
"No, don't apologize Mari. We don't really expect you to know everything" Mei said, making me smile "and anyway yes my grandmother died, she was pretty old but I loved her regardless" she explained and I nodded.
"When's  the funeral?" I asked and they all exchanged glances.
"Yesterday"
"Oh..." I trailed off.

Upon returning home, I made a note to always check up on my friends. My family...no, I'll only call them once I know they accept my relationship.

"I'm home" I announced only to be greeted back by silence. I made my way upstairs but only to stumble upon a drunk and passed out Jack at the top of the stairs. I scoffed, more amused than shocked. This has become such a typical scene for me that I'm no longer fazed.

I did the usual of dragging him to bed and making sure he is comfortable. I don't know how I put up with his behaviour but I pull through, as long as he still wants me then I can put up with anything.

°_° ^_^ °_° ^_^ °_° ^_^ °_° ^_^

Word of advice; don't be like Amaryllis, if your partner hits you then leave them and report them, you don't know if they might kill you or not in the long run.

BTW the picture in the beginning are the flowers (Amarylis)🌺