17

~♡~
Amaryllis had spent the night awake, thinking about what Jack said to her. She really wanted to be with Jack and at the moment, the only logical thing to her was to cut ties with her family if they cannot accept her Fiancé.  She knew it was wrong but at the same time it was for a good reason. After debating with herself and getting a few hours of sleep, she came to a conclusion.

She stopped calling her family and ignored their calls and messages. At first, she felt bad for doing that but soon got accustomed to the fact that it's just her, her friends and her Jack.

As the weeks rolled by, she blocked her family's contacts. Now here she is, with her friends at their favourite café once again being loud.

"Wait wait everyone be silent, I need to ask Amaryllis a question" Isabella said, gesturing everyone to shut up and they did. "Thank you, is that a ring?" Isabella lifted Amaryllis' hand and the table gasped.
'Y-yes, Jack proposed" she spilled, blushing hard while the table fell silent.
"When did he...?" Nancy trailed off while Amaryllis smiled, brushing off the weird atmosphere.
"On our anniversary" she smiled while every one nodded.

"Isn't it too soon?" Mei questioned, mouth resting at the rim of the cup.
"I've known Jack for about a year before we started dating so no, the timing is okay" Amaryllis said, face turning from bright to serious.
"Your mother called Amaryllis, she said you stopped contacting them, is that true?" Nancy interrogated.
"It's true, she wouldn't give me a go ahead with Jack so I cut them off, I don't need negative people in my life who don't want to see me happy" Amaryllis stated, the happy aura now turned cold.

"What if she denied it because your happiness is her best interest?" Nancy pointed out just as Amaryllis released a scoff.
"It seems to me that you're against my engagement too, listen all four of you, Lee Mei, Hu Li, Isabella Hernandez and Nancy Singh, if you don't like the fact that I'm engaged then you might as well cut me off too. I don't need people dictating what I do or what I shouldn't do, I love Jack therefore I'll marry him" Amaryllis finished up with a huff, setting her point straight to the table full of women.
"We aren't against it but cutting your family off is just wrong, talk to them and hear their reasons" Hu Li said, earning a look of disapproval from Amaryllis.

"No, I won't do that until they make peace with the fact that I'm staying with Jack"
"So immature" remarked Mei
"Jack this, Jack that, I'm tired, let's just leave Amaryllis alone, she'll come around" Isabella said, as they awkwardly continued the date.

After their date, the women all dispersed to their different destinations, others going to work or home and Amaryllis went straight home as per the instructions given by Jack. When she arrived, she ran straight to her Fiancé's arms. They stayed in that particular positon for a while before Amaryllis shifted and looked at Jack.

"I can't believe what my mom did Jack, you know she went and complained to Nancy that I cut her off from my life" Amaryllis said, finally having the courage to speak. Jack hummed before looking at his fiancee.
"That's because she's looking for ways to ruin our relationship, if your mother continues contacting your friends then you need to keep your distance from them" Jack said smoothly, venom dripping his voice.
"You are right, thank you babe, you're very wise" with that said, Amaryllis sent multiple messages.