11

♡~Amaryllis~♡
My head was down when I returned home, I didn't want to face him because when I returned to the staff room, everyone was talking about me. They started asking me what was that and stuff but I just gave them short replies. I walked past Jack who stood up and stood before me. I licked my lips as a cold feeling washed over me.

"How was your appointment with your boy toy" he asked, face hard as stone.
"What toy? I'm not having a relationship outside ours" I stated as a matter-of-fact and he scoffed.
"That's what they all say, I hate liars"

《⚠️》

"I didn't lie Jack, you have this feeling like I'm always going behind your back when in fact you did that. I don't know if you have that insecurity because it's what you do or you have a bad past but I'm not loose" I raised my voice a bit, frustrated to the max.
"Hehe...there you go making me look bad when you're the bad one here. Amaryllis, lower your voice, you don't speak to me like that" he said in a cold tone. In return I scoffed glaring at him.
"Or what? What will you do? Will you yell at me like usual, I'm so sick of your behaviour, if you're that bored then get a jo-" my head lulled to the side  as a rough hand connected harshly with my cheek. I halted my sentence as I shot Jack a look, tears of shock welling up in my eyes.
"I will not be disrespected by you, I'm the man of this house now be a good girl and make me food, I am hungry" he pointed towards the kitchen while my silence was the answer. "Not talking too much now, do yourself a favour next time and shut up because I won't be so generous" he intentionally bumped into me before exiting the house.
《🔹️》

I stood rooted in one place as I tried to comprehend the fact that I was just hit. "It was an accident, probably happened in the heat of the moment". Was what I told myself, convincing myself that it's my fault for raising my voice and being a smarty pants. I decided to push that aside, I pressed his buttons so I clouded my mind with happy thoughts and forgot about it but the red large hand was still imprinted on my left cheek

~♡~
The next few days went by a blur for Amaryllis as she became more closed off than usual, making the people around her wonder what's happening to the personal life of the usual sunshine. No one dared to ask as they knew they weren't that close to ask about her personal life and neither did they have the guts.

At home, it was more quiet than usual and Jack had been distancing himself from his girlfriend for a while now. He had this fear of his which was slowly becoming a reality so he retreated back to his roots, having called for his older brother for help which brings us here.

"I made a mistake" Jack breathed out, harshly grabbing his face while his brother raised an eyebrow.
"And what is that so called mistake?" Jake, Jack's brother questioned, a little bit annoyed because he always cleaned up after his younger sibling.
"I accidentally hit my girlfriend" was what he said before a pillow was threw in his face.
"That was stupid of you, you're becoming him" Jake's face concocted into one of fear when they mentioned him.