42

~♡~
Amaryllis squeezed her thigh, beyond nervous as she camped outside the house. She wanted to do this, had to do it. Her week away from Jack really opened her eyes and last night is giving her more reasons to do what she's about to do. She and Nathaniel really...She couldn't believe what she did but she doesn't have any regrets.

Amaryllis finally alighted from the car and took slow and nervous steps towards the porch of the house and hesitated to ring the door bell  but she just entered the house and saw the man she'll be seeing for the last time. She gulped as fear enveloped her, taking cautious steps before sitting in front of the man.

"I'm back...Jack" Amaryllis informed, nervously playing  with her fingers. She finally looked at Jack's cold eyes and her fear increased.

♡~♡
Nathaniel and Amaryllis went out like usual but it started raining so they were soaked from head to toe but fortunately, Nathaniel's house was around the area they were in so he invited the woman over, to dry her clothes of course and drive her back to her residence.

Amaryllis was really nervous since it would be the first time they are in a private place together but she's known Nathaniel for a long time. Tension was in the air and both adults acknowledged it but were shy.

Nathaniel gave Amaryllis a bath towel and vacated the room while she undressed. Once wrapped in the big towel, she gave the wet clothes to the man. Nathaniel put them in the tumble dryer and they had coffee while they waited.

Both of them had shared a couple of baby kisses here and there but tonight they wanted more. They both looked at each other as if asking for the other's permission before sharing a small peck. They both blushed and Nathaniel kissed Amaryllis again but it was much longer and they made out on the couch. With each brush of the lips, Amaryllis' temperature rose. She felt an ache in the most private places. She moaned a bit, enjoying Nathaniel's hands on her body, oh how much she's missed the gentle touch. She wanted more as she tried to close the non-existent space between her and Nathaniel. The man broke the when he felt like he needed air

"We cannot go any further" Nathaniel whispered against Amaryllis who simply hummed, a dazed look on her face. No one has ever kissed her with such care and passion.
"Why not?" She questioned, her eyes shining.
"You belong to someone else and it's too early" Amaryllis understood Nathaniel well and she opted to just hug him. They both settled on the couch under a pile of blankets as the night grew colder.
♡~♡

"We need to talk" for the first time, Amaryllis sounded so sure. Her voice no longer shaky or a whisper, it was bold and clear.
"Where were you?" Jack asked instead and Amaryllis huffed.
"I was away from you Jack. During this week without you I realised that my life cannot always revolve around you. Yes you abused me but I'm not going to get you arrested, I'll just make it simple. I'm breaking up with you" Amaryllis put the ring on top of the coffee table while Jack stared at it in disbelief.

"I don't give you permission to break up with me. I don't know what the people you were with told you but I never abused you, I was simply disciplining you" Amaryllis scoffed in mock amusement before laughing as tears streamed down her cheeks.
"Jack, you beat me up, you had sex with me without my consent, you gaslighted me and threatened me till I lived in fear. I am afraid of you Jack and I cannot continue living with you. I've fallen out of love with you, I love someone else" he admitted while Jack twitched in anger.
"What about me?" He questioned, voice rough as he held the cushions tightly.

"I don't know but I am out, I'm going to get my things tomorrow" Amaryllis said standing up. When she was close to the door, Jack pulled her back and threw her across the living room. Amaryllis slid on the floor and sat up, horrified.

"You can't leave me, if we break up then you might as well die"

♡_♡_♡_♡_♡_♡_♡_♡_♡_♡_♡

Hehe...finally I be reached the peak of the story :]

Spoiler: someone will get seriously hurt.