51

~♡~
Amaryllis sighed at nothing as she stared at the fairy lights in her bedroom. Hu Li had suggested her to hang them for relaxation purposes. They were beautiful and really helped calm her down after a nightmare like tonight. Usually she'd call someone but tonight she felt the need to deal with it on her own. She doesn't want someone to sweetly tell her to go back to sleep, that her dreams will be better. She prefers the harsh truth that she will always have nightmares and the therapy is just helping here and there. Nothing can clear a guilty conscience, not even six months of therapy.

-

♡~Amaryllis~♡
I sat down at Hu Li's office fidgeting with the hem of my sweater. I am nervous but this isn't the first time I am here, I've lost count on how many times I've been here since I come twice a week.

"Good morning Amaryllis" Hu Li greeted with a smile. I politely stood up and smiled back, having no will to speak.

We both sat down and she looked at me intensely while I avoided her gaze by all means.
"So, how is your current relationship going?" She asked, getting straight to the point.
"Good, I've been happy" I smiled and she hummed, writing something down like usual. ¤_¤{[(seems familiar? Updated version of the prologue so you should know what it means:《)]}¤_¤

After 36 weeks of constant therapy, Nathaniel thought that I improved a lot so he accepted my proposal of us dating. I had informed Hu Li who was sceptical at first but after meeting Nathaniel, she told me I could proceed with whatever we were doing but of course it was hard getting used to the idea that I'm with someone after getting used to  being alone.

"I hope you're telling the truth Lyris...remember those times you used to lie" I glared at Hu Li before scoffing.
"I was young and in love then, now I'm more mature and know what's best for me. I know that my safety and happiness needs to be my best interest and that I need to fully love myself in order to love other people. I need to accept and  learn for my mistakes to grow as a person and I most especially know that my family and friends wouldn't abandon me, I did that to them" Hu Li smiled proudly at me.
"Look at you, you're so wise for a 27yr old" I grinned at her, I really came so far.
"I'm old therefore I need to be wise and take care of myself well, you guys won't be around forever" Hu Li stood up and  clapped as if I made an amazing speech.
"I'm so proud, my baby has grown" I rolled my eyes at that as we used our hour to catch up with our lives, something we've been doing for quite a while now. "Time's up, bye" I left the building after greeting Raymond, the two having agreed to merge their offices.

-

We sat down on my couch one day. Me and Nathaniel had an in-house date. Another date again! I don't even know how many we had! It's like we're still courting each other but we're dating, we're an item!! I flopped put my feet on top of the tea table and hurried my face into the pillow, screaming into it.

"Amar...Amaryllis what's wrong?"
"I'm bored! There's nothing to do in this apartment and I'm tired of this constant therapy! It's annoying! Hu Li is literally just keeping me for the money" Nathaniel chuckled, he chuckled seriously before cuddling next to me.
"It's late, we should sleep and maybe next time you go will be the last" I hummed at that suggestion, sleep. We literally slept on the couch, it wasn't very comfortable but at least it was warm.