18

~♡~
The next few days consisted of Amaryllis going to work then home, work and home. She became more reserved than usual and almost isolated herself. She barely contacted anyone and if she did, it was her friends and it was always a simple greeting.

Jack administered rules for Amaryllis to follow and she did just that because she didn't want to make Jack angry at her. She had a curfew, much to her dissapontment and Jack selected who she may spend time with and at what time. Of course Amaryllis disagreed with that but Jack had threatened her that if she doesn't follow them then they might as well breakup.

"It's for your own good Amaryllis" Jack had reasoned and Amaryllis didn't ask any further question

At this point, Amaryllis had a schedule and she is okay with that. She is also okay with the fact that her salary is for both of them since Jack hasn't found employment yet. Amaryllis doesn't really know if he does look for a job or sits all day at home and does nothing but she doesn't question it.

On a dull Saturday, Jack had invited his friends over to watch soccer since it was his turn to host. Amaryllis was tasked with preparing their snacks and she did prepare them and brought them out at the same time so that she may rest.

Amaryllis didn't find the peace she needed for a nap so she decided to write down the list of things they are missing. She took a pen and a paper and wrote her shopping list. Deciding that she cannot buy the items by herself, she went to the living room where the group of friends sat.

"Jack, this is what we don't have. Please make sure you get everything that's in the list, I'll give you the money before you go" Amaryllis shoved the letter into Jack's hands and went back upstairs to lie down.

The guys all began laughing at Jack while the man starred at the piece of paper in disbelief. Who was Amaryllis to order him around? A million thoughts swirled in his head as his friends began pulling his shirt, adding fuel to the fire inside.

"I can't believe a chick gives you money for groceries" Sam laughed the loudest out of the five.
"Yeah dude, she treats you like a kid" Timothy pointed towards the stairs, already sprawled out on the floor because of laughing too hard.
"Shut up, it's not like I'll do it. She knows she does the shopping" Jack threw the piece of paper into a corner and flashed a fake smile, hiding his anger.

However Jake, who always came around when they watched sport wasn't pleased to hear the comments made by his friends. Jake is Jack's brother but he has different views than his brother in terms of power relations.

"Guys it's not something necessarily funny, I think it's good that they do things equally" Jake remarked but everyone laughed at him. He sighed realising that they will not listen, they all still live in the past, still living with the notion that men are superior to women.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
       .-~°*~-.______.-~*°~-.
        \                                 /
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"He proposed and I was beyond excited, my family didn't like it nor did my friends. I looked past that, thinking they were jealous but oh how wrong I was. It was all peaches and cream but things turned for the worst as time went by" Amaryllis took a deep breath, voice shaky. She composed herself with Hu Li's help.
"Continue when you feel comfortable babe, don't push yourself" Hu Li cooed, brushing her hands softly against Amaryllis's back.
"Y-yes, it still hurts to think about it"