39

~♡~
Amaryllis frowned when she entered Lee Mei's abode. She had nothing with her, only her cellphone. She hated the fact that for the week she has to entirely depend on Mei. She is used to be I independant financially but now, she has nothing.

Amaryllis sighed and sat down on the couch while Mei came around with a cup of tea. She sat next to the teacher, pushing a cup towards her. The atmosphere was tense as Amaryllis held a stern face but Mei wanted her to talk so she loudly sipped her tea before putting it down and tapping Amaryllis to garner her attention.

"So...what will you be doing while I'm away for the day" Mei queried, glancing at the silent woman next to her.
"I don't know...I'll probably go out or sleep all day" Amaryllis spoke in an almost inaudible voice.
"Don't feel bad that we kept you from going back to your house, we just want to help okay" Amaryllis looked at Mei and nodded but still her eyes were dim.

She felt like they wanted to keep her away from the person who has protected her from their bad influence. Jack had always said that her friends don't like to see her happy and now that she's here, she feels like he was telling the truth but at the same time Amaryllis really needs that breath of fresh air, away from Jack.

She lied down on the couch as Mei played with her curly hair, brainstorming on what she could do for the next day. She didn't really listen, she was stuck in her head but Amaryllis had an idea on who to spend time with for the day her friend will be away. She smiled as she though about him, his friend whom she likes.

"I'm just going to be with Nathaniel all day" she declared, cutting off Lee Mei from her rambling.
"Oh good, come back whenever you feel like and the spare key is under the garden gnome with the red hat outside.
"Thank you" Amaryllis was drowsy by then and Lee Mei let her sleep, before carefully removing her big head from her lap and covering her with a blanket.

She strutted to her room before texting Hu Li

Mei-mei
She fell asleep.

Li-li
Good, keep me updated, there is something I want to see with her. She is oddly quiet and has been strange for days now.

Mei-mei
Say please Hu Li, I'm older than you and in any case she has been strange for about a year now

Li-li
Okay, please...anyway I have a long day tomorrow so good night Department Head Lee

Mei-mei
I haven't been promoted yet so don't jinx it...you know you're a jinx

Li-li Typing...

Lee Mei closed her cellphone as a smile graced her face. Her best best friend was really something else. The two weren't far apart by age and finished highschool on the same year, leaving Nancy who finished the next hear and Amaryllis and Isabella who graduated together a year later. It's a miracle that they still kept in touch up until adulthood and they were all determined to keep their fifteen years of friendship alive no matter what.