23

《~Lee Mei~》
"I'm telling you guys, our Amaryllis isn't like that! Why can't you just believe me?" I swear, my friends are so oblivious at times.
"It's because Mei, ever since she and that Jack moved in together, Amaryllis changed and she is more focused on him than us. Heck! She even blocked my number" Nancy had a point but they don't see what I see.
"Hu Li,   you're studied the human brain so you should know changes in behaviour. Amaryllis is silently screaming for help and y'all are just silent as if you aren't her sisters" I huffed, pulling on my hair.
"Mei, you're worrying for nothing and if she's indeed suffering like how you put it then she'll know when to leave" Iaabella said like it's the easiest thing to do.
"You really have no idea, you're so clueless" I said, taking my purse and walking out of Isabella's apartment.

I had one destination in mind, where my littlest friend lived in.

♡~Amaryllis~♡
There was a knock on the door and I dropped what I was doing. I was hesitant with letting the person in because Jack didn't say he was expecting anyone nor did I order anything. I grasped the handle and opened the door to come face to face with Mei.

"Oh...Lee Mei? What are you doing here?" I asked, dumbfounded and she let herself in.
"Can't I visit my little friend at her house? You weren't with us at Isabella's so I thought why not visit you!" She smiled widely and I nervously smiled.
"Jack wouldn't like you here unannounced...he doesn't want anyone over" I said, her smile instantly dropping.

"Why? Does he restrict you from spending time with your friends?" The once bright aura that surrounded Mei turned dimmer by the second.
"N-no he...I...we...I just-"
"-let me guess he told you to ignore us because we're bad influence?"
"No Mei, that's not it...we have a rule here that-"
"-he also told you to stop calling home since your mother has been on our necks for months asking how you are, Amaryllis don't follow this path you're on. Call home, get out more, you're obviously trapped in here. Just look at yourself you've even lost weight!" Mei yelled, scaring me.

"Jack likes thinner girls so I lost weight to impress him, he said I'd look better when I'm skinnier" I stated, frustrating Mei more.
"That's not good for your health. Your collarbone is showing too much, you're...you're just a shadow of your former self Amaryllis! Look I want to help you okay, leave your man, leave Jack" she commanded and I looked at her in the eyes, anger taking over me.

"Shut up! We never told you to leave your abusive boyfriend, we never stuck our nose in your business so leave me alone! I love him so I'm staying, it's me that's in the relationship not you so don't interfere in matters that don't concern you!" I shouted at her.
"I...you didn't need to bring that up but Jack isn't good for you..." she trailed off.

"Well I don't care, he's good for me and if you'll insist on me leaving him then you might as well use the door and don't make yourself seem better seeing as though that old hag you called your grandmother tried to sell you away, are you finished with that business Lee Mei or the fact that you were dumped on your anniversary? Don't comment unless you know you're flawless" I said, and immediately regretted it. "No Mei...I didn't mean to..."

"I'm leaving" she said already at the door.
"Mei..." she slammed the door and I stood there stunned.

What have I done?