28

♡~Amaryllis~♡
I happily made my way to the front of the house I live in with a smile on my face. I was about to open the door when it was opened from the inside. A woman came out smiling widely not noticing me.

"Thank you for today, you were amazing" was what the woman said before leaving the porch. I meekly walked into the house and shut the door, all happy thoughts suddenly drained from my mind and replaced by insecurities and gloomy ones.

"Ev-evening...who was that woman~?" I asked, shuffling uncomfortably at where I stood.
"Sales woman for a house" he said and I nodded. I made my way upstairs and threw myself on the bed.

So I'm attracted to a guy who's supposed to be my friend and yet I have a Fiancé, why am I like this!! And why am I the only one wearing a stupid ring!!! Who is Nathaniel Brassard to make me feel like a high school kid! I'm too old for crushes!! I need help, I need to focus all my energy on my...

"Jack!" My voice was a pitch higher than usual which is embarrassing.
"Move over" he gruffly said pushing me. I made space and he threw himself next to me, pulling me towards himself. "You're a nuisance you know" he said out of the blue and I rolled my eyes.

"Says the guy who's mooching off me" I mumbled and his hold on my hair tightened.
"Shut up woman, attitude doesn't suit your ugly face" I clicked my tongue in distaste.
"You shut up, this persona you've been pulling doesn't suit you" I snapped and he chuckled darkly.
"It seems as though you've sprouted some wings. I don't wish to discipline you but let it be the last time you talk back" I scoffed but decided to shut up, closing my eyes as the day finally fell on me. I fell asleep.

-

I woke up with a sudden jolt, taking deep breaths,  trying to calm down my racing heart. I think I'm too old to be scared by nightmares but this one felt so real. I found Jack in bed with another woman and he only threw insults at me and wanted to...kill me~ because I wanted to leave him.

After a while I noticed that the space next to me is empty and I sighed. I stood up from the bed, floor icy cold and made my way towards the balcony where I found Jack on a phone call...it's three in the morning!

📱Yeah come during the day, she works between seven and three so that should be enough time
📲...
📱Yes yes no strings attached, she's boring in bed anyway
📲...
📱Goodnight, I love you

Jack dropped the call and looked at me. I blinked and he just passed by me, leaving the door open. I followed him, questions swirling my head but my steps dizzy because of the words I overheard.

"Who was that on the phone with you" I asked, gripping his arm.
"No one you need to know" he said, nonchalance lacing his voice.
"I need to know that person who calls so early in the morning and why would you answer that outside? Just tell me" he just chuckled, removing my hand on his.

"You like giving yourself unnecessary stress, you even have wrinkles. It's no one Amaryllis" he kissed my forehead before trying to leave but I grabbed this left arm again.
"Jack don't lie to me, as your fianceé I deserve to know" I said and he just pushed me. My back hit a cabinet on the hallway and the contents on top of it fell. He just looked at me before going towards his initial destination.