18

taehyung smiled, bringing the glass of milk to his lips as he stared at his little but not so little family on his couch.

the twins sitting beside each other as some of the pups who had turned into their wolf forms sat on them. some on their shoulders, laps and one on their head.

the pups tails wagged as they stared at the lot screen which kept changing color every second.

most of the children had learnt to shift already and taehyung guessed that it was because of their fathers genes.

hoseok had explained a few things to him but still no one had answers to how he, a male was able to carry the eight babies and grow them healthily without complications.

he didn't even have a womb. it was clearly mind blowing for taehyung.

rinsing the now empty glass, taehyung walks to the bedroom to check up on the two babies who hadn't shifted yet.

a beta which was female and the male omega.

taehyung pushed the door open to the sight of one sleeping baby and well...

there was a pup on the ground, her tail wagging crazily.

"hey baby. are you awake?" he questions as he picks the child up from the floor, bringing her to his chest in a hug.

"you want to join your siblings and dad?" taehyung asks as he closes the bedroom door, walking to the living room, pup still in arms.

"hey..." he trails as he he arrives infront of the family.

"she shifted too?" jungkook questions, extending his arms to carry the pup.

"yeah. i saw her on the floor in the room."

as soon as jungkook places the child on his lap, another pup from jeongguk's lap jumps on her, sticking their noses together.

"eunji probably likes doyun a lot. they fit together!" taehyung cheers excitedly, clapping his hands.

"I think so. you like your brother very much?" jungkook coos, ruffling the pup's fur.

"eunji and doyun? that's new. you've named them already?" jungkook asks, picking up doyun.

"I... I don't know. it just slipped. I think the names suit them. you don't think so?" taehyung asks worriedly.

"no! no! it's not that. they're beautiful names for our kids. I love them. what do you think jungkook?" jeongguk asks as he finally notices his twin who was playing with the pups in the floor.

a small warm smile appears on taehyung's face at the adorable sight of his family.

"hey! no fair. no one wants to play with me?" jeongguk murmurs as kneels next to jungkook who was laughing.

some of the pups pounce on jeongguk who groans and then laughs.

taehyung stared in admiration. it was clear that the fathers of his children were trying to make a bond with them.

which was already there.

it made him think; if their mistresses were still alive, would they even be here?

would they care for his eight babies the way they did right now?

do they even care for his kids or they're doing it because they had no choice?

taehyung felt his heart squeeze tightly in his chest, his eyes starting to water.

that was probably it.

the jeon father's were only here because they had no other option.

he walks back into his bedroom, walking to the crib of his last child.