30

"what is your name?" jungkook asks the whimpering woman on the ground as he leans on the wall. the smell of the place was terrible but he didn't give a shit at that moment. he had so much pent up frustration and he planned on channeling it into making the woman give him the answers he deserved.

"yoona." she whispered, squeezing her eyes shut.

jungkook nods, whispering her name to himself. it sounded familiar. she looked familiar. it hadn't hit him yet how he knew her but he was certain he was going to figure it out.

"i need answers, yoona," he growls out. the jingles of chains are loud in his ear as the woman scrambles to a corner. silver chains were usually very difficult to move in but she moved easily in them. she was an omega too. was there some kind of power she possessed? or perhaps she was immune to silver?

"i've told you everything alpha. everything you need-"

"you haven't given me all the answers i want!" jungkook barked. his anger grew stronger, "tell me now or you'll regret it." he says, glaring at the woman.

"there's nothing you'd do to me i haven't already experienced." yoona says, eyebrows furrowing making her wrinkles more visible.

jungkook scans the woman in rags, sighing and punching the wall, "just talk. why did you have yohan? why did you have my son? how do you know me? you're a fucking spy aren't you? who sent you?" he bites out, canines growing, "i've extended your mercy period for too long. speak or you'll never breath again."

the older lady cries out, her eyes going shut again and when she opens them, they're a bright shade of blue.

"please!" she begs, shivering a great deal, "i'm begging you juwon!" she screams, her wrists bleeding much severely as she starts to thrash around, the silver chains digging into her wounds.

jungkook could recognize the signs of abuse. the woman had been abused. juwon was a familiar name. very familiar. his uncle's name was juwon.

it started to fall into place. how he knew the woman and how she knew so much about him. this was his uncle's mate. what had he done to her?

the woman stops thrashing, seeming to have lost consciousness. her chest was heaving up and down, panic sweat all over her body.

"jungkook!" a voice calls out, hurried. jungkook turns to look at that male, cocking an eyebrow.

"daegel's awake!" namjoon announces.

jungkook nods, breathing a sigh of relief, "that's great news." and just in time for the ritual.

"why are you here?" namjoon asks, staring at the woman on the floor, his eyes finally scanning the terrible walls and floors of the warehouse. the warehouse was divided into rooms, each for a different captive/prisoner.

"i need to go see daegel." the trueblood says, he then motions to the woman on the floor, "get some people to clean her up and give her a room in the pack house. away from juwon." he instructs, walking out of the room and out of the stinky warehouse.

~+~

jungkook runs into the pack hospital room and notices the people surrounding daegal's bed. there's mark, a few nurses and jeongguk.

after he told taehyung that he no longer wanted the bond, jeongguk had been cold to him. they didn't talk. jeongguk didn't look at him for more than a millisecond. it was cold. very cold.

like now. jeongguk didn't even spare him a glance.

he walks closer to the bed, the sight of a pale man greeting him. his eyes had red rims around the pupils and around the iris. he looked... possessed.

"leave." he croaks to mark and hoseok. he turns and looks at jeongguk and then jungkook, "you're here." he chuckles lightly, "you're never there when I give messages." he says, pointing at jungkook, frail hand shaking.

"sorry daegal. duty calls." jungkook shrugs. he lifts his eyes and looks a his twin who wasn't even sparing him a glance. he sighs.

"leave." daegal croaks.

"we need to carryout a few tests on you daegal now you're awake." mark says, tapping on his clipboard. he reaches for his stethoscope but gets stopped by daegal.

"i wouldn't be awake for a long time anyway." daegal says. jungkook gives a subtle sign to the nurses and they leave the room.

"what do you mean won't be awake for a long time? daegal what's wrong?" jeongguk asks, forehead wrinkling with anxiety.

"mark, can you excuse us for a second?" jungkook says, ushering the doctor out of the room. he closes the door and rushes back to the psychic's side.

"what's wrong with you two? so much tension." daegal says, sitting up and wiggling his fingers. the twins stare at him in shock as he moves like he wasn't being a vegetable a few seconds ago.

"what the fuck daegal?" jungkook asks, eyes wide in shock.

"ah... it's already happening. am i too late?" daegal asks himself. "seriously, what is wrong with you two? the cords are so messed up and i'm not even sure how to start untangling them."

"weren't you..." jeongguk trails. he stares at the psychic, thoughts running through his mind. his eyes fly to jungkook who was already looking at him. like they had been burned, they look away immediately.

"look, i don't have much time. there are changes happening to you, you and taehyung. something strong is coming and no jungkook, i can't help with..." daegal's eyes start to droop. he blinks rapidly, slaps his cheeks and shakes his head.

"are you alright? you need the doctor?" jeongguk asks worriedly.

"no. no. my time's almost up for now. there are so many things that are going on in the background that i can't explain. i can't help with the ritual. moon goddess doesn't want me to. the..." he trails again.

"daegal!"

"i'm... not dying. damnit!" daegal splutters as if he's just been woken from a deep slumber. "the light coming will be so bright and if care isn't taken, madness... i... no... we... motion..." daegal's eyes fall shut, his head lolling to the side.

"daegal!" jeongguk calls out again and jungkook heads out and calls the doctor who runs into the room while the nurses usher them out of the room.

the twins sit in the waiting room, tension between them both very strong. words were to be said, actions to be done and thoughts to contemplate on.

madness? what did that even mean?

what light?

a few moments later, mark and the nurses exit the room. mark walks towards the twins.

"he's back in a coma. i don't know how to wake him up if you need anything from him. we'll just have to wait." he says and then walks away.

jungkook and jeongguk stare at each other for a few seconds and jungkook is the first to walk away. they head opposite directions.

what now?

_____

hi!

hello!

how's everyone? i welcome y'all back to this book. i'm sorry i haven't been updating but if you checked my message board, you'll know why.

i've missed this so much.

did you miss me too?

thank you so much for 65k reads!

holy shit!

who knew? not me.

have a good day!

the next update is in a few.

take care!

'peace out 💟