26

it had been chaos after that. well, mostly chaos. the family of the jeons had gone quiet. days later after the search for yohan had begun and taehyung collapsed at the front door. he had fallen sick after that, refusing to eat.

the man had huge dark circles under and around his eyes, his frame shaking with every movement he made. his body had become noticeable skinny in time, he looked frail, almost breakable. there were always either tears on his cheeks or dried tear streaks.

"come on tae. eat something. please." joohyun pleads, pushing the tray of food towards taehyung and urging him to eat. taehyung only curls farther into himself, shoulders racking with sobs. a few minutes later, the sound of footfalls graces the silent room.

"hey, joohyun." the male's voice call out. joohyun sends the male a somber look, shaking her head. jeongguk sighs, finally staring at his mate. the image stabs him straight in his chest. "it's okay. I'll take care of him." he says.

joohyun nods, standing from the bed. she sends taehyung another look before exiting the room. jeongguk sighs again, running his fingers through his hair. he sits next to taehyung.

"hey tae." he whispers, now carding his fingers through taehyung's hair. comfort washes over taehyung. he closes his eyes. "it's okay. you're okay. I'm here." jeongguk keeps mumbling. he tried to comfort himself with the words as well. this wasn't just for taehyung, he was doing it for himself too. he needed to be strong like the alpha, the true blood alpha he was.

more sobs wrack out of taehyung's body, his frame shaking a great deal. his cries get louder and jeongguk pulls him to his chest. no more words were exchanged. a lone tear falls down jeongguk's cheek.

"i promise you taehyung. I'll find who took our baby and I'll make them pay. i promise you this day." he says, drawing comforting circles on his mate's back. "you need to eat something tae. i can't keep seeing you like this."

"h-how jeongguk?" taehyung finally says, his voice muffled by jeongguk's clothing, "how can I eat when my son is missing? it hurts. too much." he mumbles.

"you can do it tae. your other children need you. jungkook needs you. i need you. please. we have to be strong to face this. the kids are noticing yohan's disappearance. i know it'll be hard to look at them right now but they're looking for their other parent. please." jeongguk begs, placing a kiss on taehyung's head.

taehyung nods, repeatedly, hiccuping. he couldn't do this. he should look after his other kids. jeongguk had promised. he'll get his baby back. "you'll get yohan back?" he asks, red eyes staring back at the alpha's golden eyes.

"i swear to it. i swear on my life. I'll get him back to you. to us all. i promise." jeongguk says, a small smile on his face, "you have to eat now baby. you need your energy." he says, pulling the tray of pudding closer to them. he lifts the bowl into his hand and scoops some of the food into the spoon, bringing it closer to taehyung's mouth.

another small smile appears in his lips as taehyung accepts the food, his eyes still watery, "I'll feed myself. thank you." he mumbles, taking the dish from jeongguk's hands. jeongguk sighs, watching his mate for a few more minutes.

"I'll go draw you up a bath okay?" he says, rising from the bed. taehyung takes a hold of his arm and stares at his tall frame. unspoken words about taehyung's gratefulness were shared between them.

~+~

it hurt taehyung to look at his other children but he had to be strong. jeongguk said he needed him. he believed him. both of his alpha's needed him and so did his eight kids.

poor yohan. how was he doing? had he been fed? did he sleep? was he being looked after? where was he? did his baby miss him as much? taehyung pauses.

if he was in a pack filled with werewolves, why wasn't anyone able to notice when yohan was going missing? why didn't they see the kidnappers? why didn't they smell them?