28

the chapter isn't evil.
happy reading!
please vote and comment!

"what was all that back there?!" jeongguk asks his brother, a growl in his tone. after putting down taehyung in his room, he definitely needed to ask jungkook the question.

"what?" jungkook taunts, "all what? i don't recall doing anything." he shrugs, crossing his legs and staring into the document in his hand.

"don't give me that bullshit! you know what the fuck I'm talking about!" jeongguk yells, his remaining patience snapping like a thin rubber band.

jungkook pinches his nose bridge, setting the papers on the side table and rising from his chair, "look, jeongguk, I'm trying to work. you making all of this noise is pissing me off. it's very distracting."

jeongguk bares his teeth, "I'm making noise?! what the fuck?!" he grabs jungkook's shirt, pulling him close, "i will not fucking tolerate you talking to my mate like that!"

"you forget, he's my mate too!" jungkook retorts, pushing the male back with all the force he could muster, breathing heavily, "he is my mate and i have as much right as you do to speak to him like that." he sighs, pinching hic nose bridge again, "this was your thing jeongguk. why did you get so fucking soft?"

"maybe since i realized that taehyung is fragile? since I realized i loved him?"

"fuck this bullshit! he's always pushing us away! asking for fucking space and I'm sick of it! I'm so done! i can't do this anymore. i can't breathe next to him without worrying he'll ask me for space and now, i hate that word so much!" jungkook yells, throwing the side table packed with papers to a corner of the room. the papers fly everywhere and the table shatters on the wall, some of the concrete falling to the ground.

"get your shit together jungkook-"

"my shit is together. I've thought it through alright? he's not the only one who's lost a child. since we tried to come back to his life after disappearing to who knows where, he's been rude to us. I've said it before, you already know we have no memories of all that shit happening. he wouldn't even listen. he's fucking selfish." jungkook's eyes flash golden, canines popping out and giving his lower lip a cut.

"jungkook -"

"don't call my name. it's over. I'm done with him. I'm ending this bond. I've already made plans to end the bond. don't try to talk me out of it." jungkook says, slipping his feet into a pair of running shoes.

"no man. think this through. you'll regret this!" jeongguk says, patting jungkook's back, "be rational. this is our mate you're talking about."

"he was meant to be your mate. not mine. he's always wanted us to focus on the kids and not him. I've made my pick. I'll focus on the children like he wanted. the only linkage we'll have is the kids." jungkook says, leaving the room and slamming the door so hard, more concrete fall from the walls.

~+~

jungkook keeps running, cold breeze running through his fur. this was it. the end  of something that never began. he felt relieved and at the same time, he felt something close on his heart, squeezing till it was almost painful.

he runs till he's at the edge of a cliff and his wolf sits. taehyung could finally be free from him. get all that space he wanted, needed. he howls into the evening sky, anguish in the animalistic sound. like he wasn't alone, a few howls are returned. they didn't sound threatening.

he had tried. he definitely had but the more he tried, the more taehyung ran from him. he didn't have any evil plans against the male. it was his mate. a gift he cherished so much. why would he want to hurt a precious gift?