27

taehyung runs out as the voices of the pack members get louder. with jiah in his arms, he hurries out of the pack house, eyes frantically searching for the scents he could smell.

he looks around the crowd of people that were forming, joohyun walking towards him. taehyung hands her the baby who gurgles in delight.

taehyung finally sees the wolves that walked closer to tht large house, his heart fluttering in his chest. a glimmer of hope had made nest. his alphas had returned home and from the look of things, safely but... where was yohan?

he looks at the other wolves, in search of his child. his heart falls when he doesn't see a hint of the child. he hurries towards the wolves, throwing his arms around his mates.

"you're home." he mumbles into the thick fur, breathing deeply, their welcoming scent which seemed to be stronger in their wolf forms. tears fall from his eyes, fear overtaking every fiber of his being.

"where's yohan?" he asks, pulling away from the black wolves. the true bloods send each other looks before walking away to different trees. the other wolves had already shifted to their human forms, hoseok one of them walks towards taehyung and pulls him into a hug.

"hobi, what's wrong?" taehyung asks. he knew what was coming. he could feel it. the cold aura that they had come in with. hoseok giving him a hug, squeezing him tightly. he knew what was coming but he wasn't going to believe it.

hoseok pulls away from the hug, walking towards joohyun. taehyung stares at his hunched figure as he moves farther away from him. he takes joohyun in his arms, kissing her forehead and shakes his head.

taehyung finally notices the alphas before him and looks at them with hopeful eyes. the last string he had. he gets handed a onesie that used to be white but was now made up with dirt stains and something else taehyung didn't want to acknowledge. blood stains. dried blood stains that now had a copper color.

taehyung shakes his head in a frenzied manner, the object of clothing falling out of his hands. he looks back at the true bloods, his eyes filled with tears that now fall down his cheeks. he shakes his head once again, pointing at the cloth that lay on the grass.

"where is my yohan?" he whimpers, his eyes blown wide. he was losing his mind. was this some sick joke? were they doing this for him to suffer? the joking had become too much for him to handle.

"tae..." jeongguk trails, reaching for that human who stumbles back, still shaking his head. taehyung squeezes his eyes shut. he wanted to wake up from this terrible nightmare. everything hurt his heart.

"where's yohan?! you promised me!" he yells, now pointing am accusing finger at jeongguk. "you said you'll bring him back! where is he?"

"we... we couldn't find him." jungkook finally says, his head bowed. his tongue felt extremely heavy. the sight of his mate broken was doing things to him.

"what happened to yohan? i don't believe this onesie. what is this? a ploy? what happened to my baby?! i demand answers!"

"he's dead! okay?" jeongguk yells. he swallows heavily after, realization at the words he had said whipping him in the face, "our baby's dead. we searched everywhere. we found this onesie. the one he was wearing when he disappeared and it's got his blood on it. his scent." he mutters.

jungkook attempts to walk closer to taehyung who avoids him, picking up the cloth from the grass.

"this can't be happening." he mumbles. "not you baby. why not me? why did they take you from me?" he sobs, pulling the cloth to his chest. he squeezes the cloth hard, his shoulders trembling.