Chapter 16

Accidentally deleted this.

150 votes and 500 comments for the next chapter.

unedited

Omniscient

Ashley eyes darted at the insecure woman who sat in her couch, who still kept her head low, and back to her father.

"Of course, let's go to my study." Ashley calmly responded, moving her hand forward to guide her father.

They both walk to her home office, sliding the two doors open.

Ross walks in, examining the place that had huge windows that showcased the city.

Meanwhile, Ashley glares at the back of the blonde's head before closing the door.

"What do you want to talk about, papa?" Ashley asked while sitting down.

Ross stared at his daughter for a while, watching as she acted clueless, and chuckled. "Ah..."

Ashley frowned as her fingers tapped simultaneously in the desk. "What?"

"You know... there are times where I ask myself, what did I do wrong? What did i do to have the kids that I have?" Ross quoted himself, leaning against the soft chair.

Ashley lips started to tremble of anger as she stared at her father with squinted eyes.

She didn't know where this conversation was going to end but she wasn't liking the start of it.

Her father positioned himself correctly in the chair. "I did everything to educate you two in a perfect household yet you two manage to disappoint me. Your brother is still living with us, wasting my money, shows us none of his love interests and he's almost turning 30. You abuse your workers and a pregnant woman, partying like a kid and drug addict. I mean, how irresponsible are you, Marie. I need to be on your stupid ass every single tim-"

"You don't need to do anything!" Ashley screamed with anger.

This was the first time since the older girl was born that she ever yelled at her dad.

All these years she never built the courage to ever scream at her father. Nobody has, probably just her grandfather.

But the girl had enough. She was tired of living in fear of her father at her age.

Ashley hated the fact that her dad still had control over her.

Her voice caught Billie's attention from the living room.

The blonde turned her head towards the door before getting up from the couch and walking towards it - putting her head against it to hear their conversation.

Ross, lost in his words, gave a shocking look at his daughter - noting the anger in her eyes. "Don't you dare talk to me like that, Marie!"

"Oh! I dare too!" She retorts standing up from her seat. "You are under my roof, and I'll talk to you the way I like."

Her father stares at her, frowning watching as she moved around her office. "I'm so fucking tired being scared of doing something wrong because my dad will be complaining or scolding at me for it! I'm not 12 or 13 anymore, dad. I'm 25!"