Chapter 8

Hi again!

Ashley POV

"Oh, it's going great! Billie is really talented. She's your best pick." Micheal said as he pats Billies shoulders.

Billie chortles and said a quick. "Thank you."

"You okay, Bil?" I asked as I examined her behaviour.

She looks up at me and says. "I'm f-fine."

"Doesn't look like it." I said firmly and Oliver agrees with me.

"Yeah, Billie, you look really tensed. You weren't like this earlier." He consoled her and she shook her head while giving him a weak smile.

"I think it's because her boss that just came in." Micheal said and we laugh as Billie looks down.

I tilt my head and said. "You know, if you want me to leave, I can. This is your campaign, I just came here to help you."

"I-" Billie started but I continued by saying. "You can do whatever you want. Well, anything involving the campaign, of course. Do you want me to leave?"

Billie looked around the table, watching everyone wait for her answer.

After a while, she finally gained the courage to look directly at me and said. "Yes, please."

I give her a sturgeon face while nodding and stood up from my seat. "Alright."

I walked out and silently closed the door while hearing Oliver ask Billie. "Did you guys sleep together or something?"

I roll my eyes and made my way to my office.

Billie POV

"It was nice meeting you too." I told the designers as they all left.

Today started out amazing. Not gonna lie, I was kind of unmotivated to come to work today because of Ashley.

I wasn't ready to see her after the embarrassment I experienced last night.

But after Nicole called me and told me that Ashley wasn't going to come today, I felt contented.

It was the day that the arrangements of my campaign was starting, so I'm glad that I was in a better mood for it.

I felt kind of bad that I dismissed Ashley from our meeting. She seemed like she really wanted to help me but I knew that I wouldn't be myself if she was there.

It was like I was trapped in a tiny box when she entered the room, like my tongue was removed. I had no choice to get her out of there.

Now, I've been in front of her office door for 30 minutes now, trying to gain courage to go inside.

It was pretty quiet inside. There was just a song playing in the background while her footsteps moved around from time to time.

I flinch as I lift my arm up and knock on the wooden door, feeling my heart beating fast as if it was trying to burst out of my chest.

I've never been so nervous in my life.

I'm just scared that Ashley might lash out at me again.

Maybe this time she'll through her computer at me.

"Come in." she spoke with her soft but raspy voice which made me run my teeth through my bottom lip and entered the room.

I saw Ashley wearing a white hoody while painting something on a big canvas. I look around her office as I closed the door behind me to see it covered with plastic sheets on the floor.