じゅうさん - Thirteen

Back to the fourth floor

Due to the gust of wind generated by the explosion, Y/n was pushed backwards while the walls crumbled around her.

She was harshly thrown across the room and bumped her head on the ground on the landing, causing more pain to shot through her body. Checking her state, she soon realized her costume was ripped in some areas, her head was bleeding, her back was bruised, her arms were hurting as hell so they were probably burned — her left one being slightly worse than the other — and she had a sprained ankle.

Now it was the moment to regret throwing herself in the crossfire. If only her powers had worked, she could have counterattacked Bakugou's explosion but her quirk left her in the lurch. She tried more than once to activate it closing her eyes and focusing on concentrating energy on her hands just like she did the day before.

But nothing. Nada.

Not a spark or a ticking, not even a warm sensation. It was way worse than the day before. She felt absolutely nothing.

She was quirkless.

So, in a burst of heroism and stupidity, she did the only reckless thing she could think at the moment. She shielded Izuku with her own body.

Blinking her eyes slowly, the girl saw and smelled smoke and dust. The room they were in was engulfed in it and almost completely destroyed — somehow some pillars, the ceiling and the ground were still intact. Groaning, Y/n tried to move only to stop due to the pain.

Kuso (Damn it)..!

"Y/n chan!!" she heard Izuku's panicked voice near her — he seemed to forgot the honorifics but she didn't mind — and then he appeared at her side. "Are you ok?!"

She looked up, her gaze finding his frightened eyes.

Am I looking that bad?

"Torino!! What the hell happened!?!" Iida's voice came through the transceiver which — by a miracle — didn't suffer any damage.

"I'm good.." she whispered and tried to stand again, only to fell on her back. She coursed on her mind. "Ugh...What was that bastard thinking to explode ourselves like this?"

As if he was waiting for her to say that, the said bastard appeared walking amongst the smoke, his face embedded in a mixture of emotions she couldn't identify.

"I TOLD YOU FOOL TO STAY BACK!" he shouted at her when noticing her eyes on him.

"And let you destroy this building, hurt Midoriya-kun and almost kill us in the process?!" Y/n replied pissed off, finally being able to sit. "We're supposed to capture them not beat them to death, Bakugou!!"

"I WON'T WARN YOU AGAIN! I DON'T CARE IF YOU'RE FROM MY TEAM! IF YOU STAY BETWEEN I'LL BEAT YOU!!!"

She tried to stand but Izuku stopped her putting a hand on her shoulder.