にじゅう - Twenty

All Might's determination ignited a fire inside him and he advanced making Shigaraki retreat

All Might's determination ignited a fire inside him and he advanced making Shigaraki retreat. Nomu went his way and their fists collided midway creating a massive shockwave followed by an exchange of punches in such speed that all they could see was a blur. The power of their blows were outstanding, creating wind currents that kept everyone at bay.

Y/n had to crouch in order to keep herself from being blew by the wind, though she was still dragged back a few inches before Kirishima came to her aid, positioning himself in front of her in a way she wasn't directly affected by the currents.

"Thanks!" she tried to say but the wind took her voice. The boy, however, must have understood since he nodded and gave her a small grin.

" "Absorption"." they heard All Might say. "If your quirk is absorption and not negation, you must have a limit, right?"

He spilled blood when one of Nomu's punch hit him, making him loose rhythm for a few seconds, but he quickly recovered and concentrated even more his energy on his fists. Little by little he was overpowering the villain and making him retreat.

"You were made to withstand me in my 100%. Then I'll just go beyond that!"

Y/n watched the fight amazed. Every hit had over 100% of Toshinori's power. He really was giving everything he got. It was just like old days when he was at the height of his career as a hero. She still remembered the first time she saw him in action. It was like watching a beacon of hope.

That day, even though he wasn't the same, he reminded her of his former self. She saw the beacon being lit once more and such view brought happiness to her soul.

With a powerful blow, All Might sent Nomu flying and went after him, not giving time for the villain to recover.

"Heroes can always overcome a tricky situation!" he now fought the villain in plain air, launching him at the floor. Before Nome could react, he was already beside him.

"Tell me, do you ever heard this words..." Toshinori concentrated his power preparing to give the final blow. "Sara ni mukoe (Go beyond)... PLUS..!!"

"...ULTRA!!!"

With the force of the punch, the villan was thrown upwards, breaking through the ceiling at great speed and going towards the sky where he became a tiny dot until he could not be seen anymore.

"This looked like something straight out of comics." commented Kirishima. "He just kept going like absorption didn't exist. And against such power and speed, regeneration wasn't able to keep up... His brute force is crazy!"

"Such insane power..." murmured Bakugou.

Everybody looked at the hero, their faces showing the admiration and astonishment they felt. It was indeed amazing to see him defeat Nomu but Y/n suspected something was very wrong.