にじゅうさん - Twenty Three

"Shitsureishimasu (Excuse me)

"Shitsureishimasu (Excuse me)..." Y/n knocked on the door, opening it slightly in order to see inside.

She heard the voices come to a stop and her eyes immediately locked with Toshinori and Izuku's surprised gaze. The girl immediately reprehended herself for interrupting their conversation.

"Sumima... (I apolog...)" she started apologizing.

"Ah! Come in!" Toshinori, however, greeted her right away, making an enthusiastic gesture for the girl to go inside.

She obeyed, closing the door behind her.

"How are you?" Toshi asked, his eyebrows knit in worry.

"I guess I should be the one asking this question." she replied seeing a smile grow on the man's lips and the worry dissipate.

"Hahaha, sharp as always!" his laugh boomed in the room making her heart flutter and a smile appear on her face. It'd been a while since she last heard that sound.

Natsukashii (This is really nostalgic)...

Toshinori, however, choked and started coughing blood what brought Y/n's focus back to the present. Her face changed to concern and she ran to him but the hero made a gesture signaling it was nothing she needed to worry about.

"I'm fine... I'm fine... It's just..." his voice trailed off as his eyes locked on hers. She could see all the sadness and pain in them. The man sighed. "We have a lot to catch up. There's a few things I have to tell you and wish to ask you."

She nodded and walked the last steps to him slowly.

"But before that... I feel Midoriya shounen (young Midoriya) has a few questions for us."

Y/n turned to the side, suddenly remembering the presence of Izuku. She was so focused on Toshinori that she easily forgot the boy was in the room.

He was silent until now but his face gave away all his desire to understand what was going on. Upon noticing everybody's gaze were locked on him, Izuku got embarrassed and started to stutter.

"N-no! I don't want to b-bother..!!"

"You see, Midoriya, Y/n and I..." Toshinori ignored him and started to talk but he stopped remembering it wasn't his call to tell him that. Y/n was the one who should decide.

He looked at her and she nodded, allowing him and thanking him at the same time.

"We're acquaintances. I met Toshi when I was young and he became an important person to me. We used to train together."

When she said that, Izuku's eyebrows lifted and he gazed at her in awe. He couldn't believe she had the honor to be trained by none other than All Might!!

"But life ended up separating us and we didn't meet again until now." she chose not to tell him the whole truth. She wasn't lying to him, only decided to leave out some details but her consciousness still felt guilty for hiding the true story from Izuku. However she was not prepared to share it, not yet.