じゅうろく - Sixteen

The day following the battle trials Y/n didn't feel like waking up

The day following the battle trials Y/n didn't feel like waking up. Her wish was to stay in bed all day but she knew it couldn't be done. She needed to sort things out and the day before gave her a lot to think about. Moreover, she was still recovering from her injures — but this was only a minor excuse since most of them were already healed thanks to Recovery Girl.

The truth was: she was mad at herself because of her failure in the battle trials, but her irritation was mostly due to the fact that Bakugou could read her so easily. It was like she was an open book to him.

"Are you afraid of it?!"

He didn't know but he hit the mark bullseye. His question permeated her mind when she went to sleep and still did when she woke up, haunting her and making her forcibly face her fears.

The truth she so much tried to hide.

Yes.

Yes she did fear her power.

She feared it because it costed her dad's life.

She feared it because it was the reason of her existence turning into a nightmare.

She feared it because it was destructive and since she couldn't control it anymore it could hurt someone she cared.

So much fear...

And she had no idea how to deal with it.

So she decided to start with baby steps and figure it out on the way.

"So... you and Toshi will train me? I must confess it surprises me since you guys are almost the opposite of one another." she said while Shota and her ate breakfast.

"He understands your quirk better. I understand your mind. To me it's balanced." he replied with a tired semblance while drinking coffee.

She couldn't deny that. A great part of her life she trained with Toshinori so he knew by heart all her moves and how her quirk worked. Shota, on the other hand, had always known how she felt or what she was thinking just by looking at her. At the beginning it freaked her out but with time she became used to it.

"You didn't sleep again." she stated noticing his red eyes and dark bags. Y/n blamed herself for it since she was the reason for his worries.

"I had to watch the video of your battle trials. Also, my conversation with All Might took longer than I expected. He took his time telling me about your childhood." he watched her seeing N/n blush slightly. Aizawa chuckled.

"You should know he considers you a lot. He is proud of you, even after yesterday."

Shota was surprised to discover that they met each other when she was still a kid and thus developed a deep bond. The way All Might talked about their past relation was like hearing a brother talk about a dear sibling.