じゅうご - Fifteen

Author's Note:

This is my other present for you guys: double chapter update. Enjoy! 😉

"Why you didn't block my attack earlier?"

The question lingered for a moment. Y/n opened her mouth to answer only to close it right after.

That's what he wanted to know?

"I...It didn't passed through my mind." she lied averting his gaze.

"Bullshit. Later you saw right through my move and alerted Deku! Thinking to block my attack with yours was a simple strategy. It must've crossed your mind!" he replied catching her off guard.

"You chose to shield Deku with your body! Why you did that when you could've just used your quirk?!"

"W-why does it matter to you?"

Her heart started to beat faster as her anxiety grew. She wasn't expecting this kind of conversation.

"Why you chose to fight without it?!" he insisted.

"Because I didn't need it!"

"Stop lying!" he saw right through her.

"I-I'm not lying!!"

"YES YOU'RE!"

"NO I'M NOT!!"

"I SAW YOU YESTERDAY LOOKING MANY TIMES TO YOUR HANDS BEFORE DECIDING NOT TO USE YOUR POWERS!! SO WHAT'S YOUR REAL MOTIVE?!?" he asked, his calm temper turning to shreds.

In reflex Y/n took a few steps back, a sense of coldness taking over her.

He...n-noticed that?!

She never thought Bakugou to be the observant type.

But he was wrong.

She didn't choose not to use her powers. She just couldn't, but he didn't know that. He couldn't know that.

"You're not quirkless.. So why you didn't use it?!" his voice got quieter but it was still loud.

"Because I don't want to!"

"Stop lying!!"

"I'M NOT!!

"TODAY WAS THE SAME BULLSHIT! WHY?! ARE YOU AFRAID OF IT?!"

For an unknown reason, those words of his struck something deep inside her. She felt dizzy and a mixture of feelings she couldn't comprehend. Y/n could feel her eyes getting wet and her heart beating so fast it could explode.

"Don't talk about things you don't understand..." the girl retorted in a quiet tone, her gaze locked on the floor.

"Then why?! Are you also mocking me just like Deku?!"