エピローグ - Epilogue

"Kronos?"

"Kronos?"

"Hm?"

"Why did you choose to be a hero?"

He made a pensive pose, touching his chin with his thumb.

"Saa (Well)... I've always wanted to be an action figure and see my photo on potato chips bags." 

She pushed him making the male laugh.

"Hey, stop it, I'm not joking!"

The little girl pouted trying to appear serious and scold him but ended up letting a smile slip, just like she always did. He grinned and patted her head.

"You know... There are those who are born with greater powers than others, N/n chan."

He made a pause.

"Though this can be at the same time a blessing and a burden. They're sides of the same coin."

" "The more power you have, more you'll carry on your shoulders", jiji told me once." she said.

She remembered what jiji (grandpa) told her. It seemed important so she thought it was better to memorize it. She didn't understand it completely yet but, like he said, she would eventually. Senji nodded proud to know she was paying attention to Sorahiko's teachings.

"Exactly. So all that power and responsibility might lead you to a darker place but it can also lead you to the light if you have a reason good enough to keep you on the right path."

They stopped walking and he crouched until he was at her level.

"I chose to fight to protect those who can't protect themselves. But mostly to protect those I care. I want them to have the best lives they can possibly have, I want them, everyday, to live one day more so we can enjoy our lives together. That's what motivates me to carry on. That's why I decided to become a hero."

"Just that?"

She sounded surprised, clearly expecting a flamboyant reason. He chuckled.

"Just that. I doesn't need to be something big and flashy, only something meaningful to you. Something worth fighting for." he poked her cheek making her laugh.

"Hm..."

She stopped and assumed a thoughtful semblance, thinking for a while. The girl's face soon lit up and she grinned, her e/c eyes sparkling.

"I guess I've decided!"

"Oh, really?"

"Yes! I know what I want to be when I grow up!" she stated jumping.

"So, this means you've chosen..!"

She nodded excited, laughing as he picked her up and put her on his shoulders. The girl grabbed the male's hair to stabilize herself and then bend over to meet his eyes.

"I want to be just like you! I want to protect you, and jiji and Toshi nii just like you protect me! This is my "worth fighting for"!"

She said with all the conviction in the world, giving him a close eyed smile.

"Senji, hero ni naritai (I want to be a hero)!!"