37: Within the Autumn Dojo

It was early in the morning when Senjuro awoke.

After freshening up and getting ready for today, he was in the kitchen preparing breakfast.

As the eggs and bacon cooked, the young boy couldn't help but smile, watching the morning sunrise. It was even more beautiful in the antumn as it mixed with the reds, greens, and yellows of the trees.

Once finished, the young Rengoku placed a plate onto the table, along with a bowl of rice.

"FATHER, BREAKFAST IS READY!" He called out and said no more, knowing that the elder Rengoku would eventually awaken soon enough to eat.

Shinjurō-sama was a heavy sleeper. Especially, when drunk and it's stiil amazing he hasn't yet to experienced a hangover.

Senjuro then proceeded to fetch the two boxes of bento, which he had made the night before and wrapped them in a furoshiki clothe.

"I hope Oneechan likes bento." He says to himself.

It's been three weeks since Kyōjurō had been training (Name) in becoming a demon slayer. The two developed a habit of always having to wake up before sunrise and head out towards the dojo to train for godless hours.

At first, Senjurō was a bit skeptical and worried about (Name) being a demon slayer, however─he learned first-hand that she had the potential of being a far more exceptional warrior than he thought.

Indeed, the girl had proven to be more feisty than her tsudere nature and combined with her ability to manipulate ice and snow─it was easy for her to create and master her Ice-breathing.

'Or should it be called Snow-breathing? Or perhaps Winter-breathing? Anyways, she was a strong force to be reckoned with.

"I'm heading out towards the dojo, father!" Senjurō announced, strapping the furoshiki onto his back.

With that, the mini Rengoku was out the door.

────────────────

Upon reaching the dojo, Senjurō spotted something─or rather someone, standing outside near a maple tree.

The stranger quickly turned (as if sensing his presence) and glanced at him as Senjurō was greeted by a pair of familiar sky-bluish eyes.

It was Muichirou Tokitou, the Mist Hashira!

What's he doing here? Senjurō thought.

"G-good morning, Tokitou-san. What're you doing here?" Senjuro asked and took note that the long haired male was eating a bag of potato chips.

"I was in the neighborhood and decided to check on how (Name)-san's training was coming along." He explained, popping another chip into his mouth.

"Also, I wanted to see if I could catch a snowflake on my tongue." He adds.

"Oh...ok! Then...umm...you're free to come inside, if you want?" Senjurō says nervously.

The Mist Pillar nodded and soon followed the young Rengoku inside....

In the middle of the dojo stood both you and Kyōjurō as Senjurō and Muichirou watched what appeared to be Kyōjurō teaching you how to wield a sword.