i

• third person •

"I will take it into consideration. It was a pleasure to meet you."

The red-haired man gave a polite smile, shaking the stranger's hand.

"Thank you, Master Diluc," mumbled the woman, hiding slightly behind her father. Diluc's usual kind smile faltered slightly.

He nodded, stepping back. "It's my pleasure. Please excuse me. Enjoy the rest of your night."

The father and his daughter did so, watching as the winery master left them.

A shaky breath left his lips as his hand grabbed the rail of the stairs, forcing his feet up each wooden step.

Diluc stumbled towards his bedroom door, his fingers fumbling with the door handle. It was shoved open flimsily, before he leant back on it, finally shutting it closed behind him.

His vision was slightly tunnelled, the sounds around him buzzing a little. Diluc raised his increasingly-light-feeling head.

"Are you drunk?"

Her heels clinked onto the wooden floor as she dropped them, stretching her toes.

"Mm... how relieving."

The moonlight of the large window lay delicately upon the queen-sized bed she sat on, draping upon her tall frame to cause her make-upped features to glimmer. He simply stared blankly, unable to process a thing.

Aila stood up, pushing herself off the bed she was all too familiar with. She approached Diluc, examining his drunken state with a sigh.

"Tch. They shouldn't make you drink right in front of them. It ticks me off."

"I'll be fine for the rest of the night."

"One of the maids should have at least swapped it out for juice or something... Look at you. You're bound to be out for at least a day at this rate."

Diluc shook his head, reaching his way towards the bed. He gripped onto the edge, his eyes narrowing.

"I'll be fine."

"You sound like you're just trying to convince yourself, Master Diluc."

"I am."

A heavy exhale heaved out of Aila's chest. She slumped back onto the bed again.

"I assume Elzer has taken over the party while you're here?"

"He has."

"No one is wondering where I am, I hope?"

"Not that I've heard..."

The corners of her lips pricked upwards. "Good."

Diluc glanced at her in silence.

Aila had a knowing smirk on her face.

"You knew I was going to be here, didn't you? I assume you want to cool off?"

Diluc mumbled beneath his breath. The alcohol was getting to him.

"I'll be here all night. Come, Master Diluc. I'll wake you up a little..."

Aila watched him find his way around the bed, slowly sitting down. She instantly climbed into his lap.

She eyed Diluc as his hands travelled up and down her waist, his lips beginning to trail across her jawline without a thought.

"Don't leave any marks: it's not a good look."

"Why... My marks look so pretty on you..." Diluc slurred, his fingers running up her blue, silken dress. Aila smiled, allowing him to do so.