v

• third person •

"When will Miss Aila be back? Klee misses her sooo much! And Dodoco!!"

"Careful careful, haha. She'll be back in a day or two at least. Aren't you enjoying your extra time with Albedo?"

Klee pouted, folding her arms. She sniffled, rubbing her nose, her face red from her fever. "Of course I am! Big brother Albedo spends lots more time with Klee now, and he even helps me plan new bombs, and even helps me with fish blasting!" A large beam shone upon her lips. "Albedo is the best!"

The man who sat beside Klee chuckled, ruffling her hair.

"All the Knights and everyone is taking care of Klee... It makes me want to get better quicker! Miss Aila is helping lots and is working very hard for me! Miss Aila is the best!"

Klee stared up at her other starry-eyed big brother, who was just listening attentively in amusement.

"Unfortunately," he began, "that weird grownup has disappeared with Aila too. He might delay her journey!" he exclaimed, his eye widening exaggeratedly large. Klee gasped.

"The weird grownup?!" Rapidly, Klee shook her head. "The weird grownup went with Miss Aila?! This is bad!!! What if the weird grownup does something to her?!" Klee's little hands held her head. "Oh no!"

A chortle escaped the man.

"This isn't something to laugh about!!!" Klee angrily folded her arms.

"Well, luckily for you, little Klee," her nose was booped; Klee blinked, "the weird grownup has taken a liking to Miss Aila. She's safe in his hands."

Klee huffed. "Don't lie. He always looks so grumpy. He doesn't like anyone!"

The corner of his lips turned up with a smirk. Klee continued to pout, clutching Dodoco in her hands.

That signature smirk everlasting on his face, he said simply, "You'll see. Hehe."

• • •

"Are you... Eula Lawrence?"

Aila blinked in silence.

"No," she answered simply.

Aila climbed off the horse, examining the woman before them, her sharp polearm appearing in her hands.

It was a middle-aged woman, streaks of grey hairs in between her dark brown ones, eye bags full of exhaustion beneath her eyes, with wrinkles deepening within her forehead.

Aila lifted her polearm, pointing it at the woman.

"What do you want with my sister?" she muttered.

"Aila Lawrence!" the woman exclaimed in realisation, approaching them weakly. Diluc shot his arm before Aila, pushing her back slightly. "And Diluc Ragnvindr! You two are prominent Mondstadtians, aren't you? You must help me!"

Aila fell silent. This woman's face... It was of a  petite structure, her irises dark, her cheekbones prominent. She didn't recognise her, yet...

"What is it?" she questioned. Her polearm remained.

"My daughter!" the woman's chest was heaving. "She went missing years ago. I've recently heard rumours of her being in Mondstadt! But I can't leave Liyue! The Millelith are after me! You have to find her!"