xxii

please read the author's note at the end! nothing serious promise just want to show a little something tehe

• two months later •

• third person •

"Hmm... It looks a bit flat."

Aila pouted, holding her chin in thought.

"I think it's perfect for your first try. Well done!"

"Really?" Aila's eyes lit up. "Do you think he'll like it?!"

The head housemaid laughed. "Of course. Now, we have to let it cool, and then we can decorate it with the icing you made."

Aila frowned. "We have to wait? I can't wait any longer! We just waited so long for it to bake..."

Her eyebrows twitched, and then, suddenly, tears began to roll down her cheeks.

She sniffled, wiping her eyes, crying softly in the empty kitchen where a delicate scent of cake wafted through the air. "Not again... I just... really want him to have the cake... Waaahhh..."

Adelinde chuckled aloud. She reached, gently catching Aila's tears with her thumbs. "Well, he'll be much happier with a decorated cake than a plain one, so we have to wait. Okay?"

"Waaahh..."

Adelinde ruffled her hair, going off to check on the icing. "If you want, you can help the other maids with the decorations. Don't worry, I'll call you back when the cake is all ready to ice."

"Okay..." Aila sulked with a nod, before she walked out of the kitchen.

"Hi Aila!" one of the maids greeted. "You've been in there for aaages."

"Hellooo..." Aila attempted a smile.

"Aw, why are you sad?" Another two maids joined in. "Well... it is a hard day but... I'm sure you'll be able to bring a big smile to Master Diluc's face!"

"Come on, we need to get you all dressed up! You can't keep wearing those giant clothes all the time!!"

"Huh..? But I like big clothes..." Her tears began to drip again. "Don't take away my big clothes..."

"Awww Aila!!!"

The three maids immediately began to coddle the crying Aila, bringing her upstairs. "You can wear your big clothes! Just not one of Master Diluc's big old hoodies, okay? You've got loads of cute outfits in that wardrobe he bought for you!"

"But it's comfy... Waahh..." Aila sniffled as the maids sat her down on the bed in her bedroom. One of the maids immediately went over to search through her wardrobe.

"Wow. This is the rich man's life. I wish I was you, Aila."

"I don't even get the chance to wear half of them," Aila sighed, laying down like a starfish on the bed. "And he bought so many maternity clothes that I don't even need to wear yet."

"Well you're always wearing such big clothes that we can never actually see how big your bump is now! Let's see, let's see!"

Aila's face reddened, sitting up again, folding her arms over her stomach. She shook her head vigorously.

"Whyyyy????"

Aila was silent, turning her head away.

"It's not that big," Aila whined. "I'm only four months along..."

"That's practically halfway! Come onnn!!!! Show us, show us!!!!"

A deeper blush crept up upon Aila's cheeks. She stared at the bed.