xxvii

• third person •

The Cavalry Captain yelped when his wrist was suddenly grabbed, tugging him into a room, the door slamming shut behind him.

He lifted his hands when he was released, exclaiming, "Woah, I like the Chief Alchemist."

Eula's eyes narrowed, folding her arms.

"What did you do, Cavalry Captain?"

Kaeya's head tilted. He pouted. "What happened to hello? Hi? Just kidnap someone into your office, hm..."

He folded his arms too, blinking curiously. "I'm not sure what you're alluding to, Captain Eula. Care to be more specific?"

"Why is it that Master Jean just questioned me about Aila, twice in a row? And now she is asking me if I know anything of Master Diluc and my sister's relationship?" Eula huffed. "I knew that man shouldn't have told you. If you're behind this, I will get my revenge-!"

"Woah, woah." Kaeya held out his hands to interrupt her, a pout on his lips. "Why you think I'm at fault for this? All I've done is buy your sister baby clothes, and visit her much more than you have." Eula froze, her eyebrows furrowing. Kaeya huffed, averting his gaze.

"So you know something then?" Eula mumbled.

"I know it may not seem like it, but Diluc is as much my brother as Aila is your sister. I'm not obligated to tell you a thing."

At that, Eula snapped.

"It's my sister in danger here, not your damn brother!!! I have every right to know! If your brother hadn't impregnated her in the first place, none of this would be such a huge deal!" she exclaimed.

Kaeya's firm eye faltered. He breathed a sigh, finally letting his pettiness fall.

"Jean doesn't know, according to Diluc."

"Well she's very close to finding out- Tell me!"

In a moment of silence, Kaeya pursed his lips.

Sorry Diluc... She deserves to know.

"Diluc brought Klee to the winery to see Aila for the day," Eula's heart dropped, "under the guise that Aila was visiting for his birthday. Klee is just a child, and she accidentally told Jean when Jean questioned her..."

Without a second the waste, Eula left the office, the door slamming shut behind her. Kaeya's whole body fell weak, his eyes clamping shut.

Good luck getting yourself out of this one, Diluc...

• • •

Aila jumped when the door slammed open. Without her even realising, a maid stood in front of her, overshadowing her body in attempt to hide her. Aila blinked, attempting to see who it was.

Her eyes lit up. She sprinted towards the door.

"Eula!!!" she exclaimed, holding out her arms. Eula couldn't help but let her tense shoulders relax when her little sister came running into her embrace, clutching her so tightly. "I missed you!"

Eula brushed her fingers through Aila's pale blue hair, nuzzling her head gently. "I missed you too... I'm sorry I haven't visited much lately."

Aila shook her head, pulling back. "It's okay. I had something to talk to you about anyway–"

Eula's eyes were scanning around the winery. "Not right now," she murmured, before her head turned back towards Aila. "Where's Master Diluc?"