xiii

• third person •

"This is everything."

Eula placed the sheets of paper upon the large wooden desk before her, standing straight before the two tall women who stood behind it.

"My... is this picture..?"

"That is Daiyu," Eula finished.

Jean's eyes narrowed. She flicked through the documents, handing the yellowing piece of paper with the photo to the purple-dressed woman beside her.

"These are all of the assault cases that she is a suspect of," Jean discerned. "As well as her family background... education... She seems to have led a normal childhood... No."

Jean rapidly scanned one of the pages. Lisa glanced at her.

Eula nodded. "Her father was also a sex offender. Her mother and father were never together nor married. Daiyu... is a child of..."

Lisa covered her mouth. Jean clutched the paper, her eyebrows furrowing.

"This photo was taken over ten years ago." Eula noticed how both of their hands were clenched. "Daiyu went missing when she was around twenty. Ten years ago."

"Ten years ago and the Millelith are still looking for her?" Lisa questioned.

Eula shook her head. "A lot of the cases accusing her were closed after she went missing. Only recently have they been opened up due to recent rumours of her residing in Mondstadt. These rumours seem to have been started by a few tradesmen who trade wine and the sort with Mondstadt, but I haven't been able to pinpoint exactly who."

With a soft sigh, Lisa placed the paper with the photo down.

She glanced at Jean, who gave the same look back.

"There is something about her..." Lisa murmured. "I must be going crazy. What do you think, Jean?"

"No, I agree..." Her pupils landed back upon the photo of the silver-haired woman. "It's like I've seen her in a dream."

Eula folded her arms. "I don't recognise her at all."

Both Jean and Lisa hummed simultaneously.

"How strange..." Lisa heaved a soft exhale. "Well, if there's anyone who knows traders of wine..."

"It's getting late. Let's all meet up tomorrow. I'll have a Knight inform Sir Diluc and Aila."

Lisa nodded with a small yawn. Eula pursed her lips.

"Alright..."

• • •

"Don't look so distraught. Your father told us all about your search for a husband!"

Aila stared at the closed living room door. Her entire body trembled in silence.

Just when he reached out, Aila took no time to snatch her hand away, stumbling back.

"I've heard lots about you. You seem like such a sweet girl behind those rumours. They're not true, are they, hm, Miss Aila? I've heard you're excellent with children."

Simply, Aila turned. She began to walk away.

Ignace was directly behind her, following her.

She wanted to scream at him. Tell him to fuck off and leave her alone.

But she knew how that would end with her parents.