xi

• third person •

It wasn't long until Aila had found herself right back to the place she had abruptly left.

She was glad her mentor no longer seemed to be there, especially because of how she had reacted to simply his care and concern, but there was no way she was going to admit to her embarrassment and shame.

Right now, all she had to do was simply go and find that book.

Aila's eyes scanned through each of the bookshelves of the Library she was sure it had to be in. As expected, she couldn't remember the section it was in or even the title. It seemed the violetgrass had caused her to forget.

"Looking for something in particular?"

Aila blinked. Slowly, she turned, only to be met with a familiar tall woman who dressed in a gentle purple.

Her shoulders stiffened.

"Ah-oh- y-yes," Aila replied hurriedly, spinning back around again. "I'll be fine by myself."

It's Diluc's ex's girlfriend!

Aila stared at the bookshelf, her mind suddenly blank.

A playful chuckle erupted from the librarian.

"I think you might need a little help," Lisa teased. "No need to be shy."

Aila's face reddened, her lips pursing. "I- Really... There's no need to bother yourself... Miss Lisa."

Lisa approached the bookshelf, tapping her chin.

So this is the woman...

"You know me, haha, I prefer a quiet library. I couldn't help but notice you rummaging through all of the shelves in this corner! I have heard quite a bit about you, Aila... and..." Lisa giggled. "My, you really are quite the cutie up close."

"It's no wonder Master Diluc chose such a pretty woman!" Lisa exclaimed.

Aila was struck silent.

Lisa hummed to herself without a care, cautiously pulling out a thick book from the shelf. She placed it onto the table before them. It seemed to be a book on different medicinal herbs.

"Judging by your reaction, I don't seem to be correct with my assumption, no..?" Lisa hummed despondently. "I really thought Master Diluc might have finally found himself someone else!"

"U-um..."

"Do you like him?"

Aila instantly shook her head. "Not like that, no..."

"Oh... well... that immediately changes things..."

"Anyway," Lisa switched the subject rather quickly, "I saw you and Sucrose ogling over this book a few days ago. Is this what you were looking for?"

I... Aila frowned. I don't recognise it... but if it's what I was looking at when I asked Sucrose for help then...

"Y-yes. Thank you." Her face reddened. It was right in front of where she was looking.

Lisa smiled. "My pleasure. Anything else?"

Aila shook her head, avoiding her gaze.

"Well, I'll leave you be then! You should join us for afternoon tea sometime!"