《Gardening》

(Note before reading: the picture I chose was not random)

Today was a very special day. Phobos took a day off just to spend time with you.

He took you to a greenhouse on top of the Nexus Core building. The dome that was protecting it from the harsh weather was making the sky look blue. That was unusual for you.

It was full with flowers there. You liked it. The only plants you have seen so far were the potted plants in your dad's office but those were fake.
You notice most fo the flowers were white. It felt oddly familiar .

"What are those?"

You asked as you pointed at some white flowers that looked like tiny birds.
He chuckled.

"Those are white egret orchids. They represent the phrase "My thoughts will follow you into your dreams""

You're too young to understand the deep meaning of this so you don't think about it too much.

Phobos gave you a potted plant. It was an orchid.

"You're going to plant this there"

He said as he pointed at the other side of the greenhouse. Over there are 2 flowers surrounded by more white egret orchids. One of them was a lavender and the other a gladiolus. "They look pretty" you said to yourself.

"What do they repe...rep... re-pre-sent?"

"That purple one represents love. It's called lavender. The other one represents strength. It's called gladiolus. The plant you're holding is called orchid. It represents love, and strength."

"So is it like their child?"

"Not really. What made you think that?"

"Because the lavender means love and gladiolus means strength and the orchid means both"

"Heh. I know it may seem like that because of the meaning but it's not. Many things have similar meanings or even identical. But good job on the word association"

Once you got in front of those 2 flowers he knelt down in front of you and made you place down the potted plant.

"I'll show you how to plant this"

He gave you the tools you need and told you what to do.

You dug a small hole then took the orchid out of the pot. You gently placed it in the hole you dug and then fill the gaps with dirt.

He gave you a small watering can and helped you water the orchid. He looked very proud.

"Look, papa. They look like a family. The lavender is the mom and the gladiolus is the dad! And the orchid is their child!"

"Yeah.. They really look like a family."

He hugged you and you hugged him back. It made you happy.

"Let's go back and wat. Okay?"

"Can I have choccy milk? :3"

"Hehe. Of course."

He picked you up and let you sit on his shoulders.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.