《The Passing》

It's been a year since you've existed. You have many good memories filled with exciting moments. Your favorites were when you used to go outside with papa, uncle Deimos and his friends.

But nowadays... all you do is stay in bed. Your dad said you'll eventually get better but that doesn't seem to happened. You know you won't get better.

Phobos tried his best to keep you alive but even he knows that...

...

Everyday Deimos and his friends visit you. That made you happy. You enjoyed spending time with them. Even Phobos seemed much happier than usual when he saw you happy.
Yet... it didn't feel right. You could tell he wasn't happy.

Today is another day. Another day where you're laying in your bed unable to go anywhere else.
You play with your favorite toy. You remember something your dad said. Something about a nice place called heaven.

Oh. Your parents walk in.

"Hi daddy. Hi mommy."

"Hey sweetie.."

They hug you. You could barely hug back because of how weak you are. Still, you liked thinking about how energetic you were. How you used to play with them. You liked those memories.

"Can we go play outside?"

"We can't, Y/N... You're still sick."

"Then... can we play tomorrow?"

"Well... if... you feel better we can"

You could tell he almost started crying. Why was he crying. You were gonna get better...

...right?

.
.
.

They spent the rest of the day with you. That made you happy. Lately they spent every day with you from dawn till dusk.

You started to feel sleepy even tho it's not your bedtime yet.

Phobos' POV:

...why?...why must this happen?
They were doing so well... where did I go wrong? I should've known this would happen... they didn't grow at all...
I... I should've done something when I noticed this was happening... I shouldn't have taken the risk...

Now... we don't have much time left together...

They're gonna... die...

Your POV:

"Daddy. Does heaven really exist?"

"H-Huh?...oh... of course it does. That's where good people go."

"Can we go there together?"

"... Well... I can't go there now. I have stuff to do. B-But if you find a way to get there tell me how it was..."

"OK daddy! ^^ "

You're getting sleepier. The last thing you see before you close your eyes.

 The last thing you see before you close your eyes

Another star has died... leaving behind an empty room that was once filled with joy, with memories.

 leaving behind an empty room that was once filled with joy, with memories

Time of death: 7:36 pm  October 23 2022

Cause of death: mitosis failure (leading to organ failure)

They... died... and I couldn't do anything...
I should've done something when there was still time...

Is this really the end?

(Stay tuned for the next chapter)