Chapter 3

The whole day ended tiring up Xiao Zhan but he can't do anything against it because it was his passion, art was his passion. After taking a bath, he plopped his body to his bed and took a deep breath before getting his phone which was on his bedside table, charging. He waited until it got 100 so to pass the time he just continued brainstorming ideas for his new painting until a "ping" made its way to Zhan's ears. He took the phone excitedly hoping that it was his girlfriend calling him and he was right, it was Suzhen!

[Hi Zhan! Sorry I was not able to reply to any of your messages, I'm busy at work 😞]

[It's fine babe! I understand]

[I'm really sorry Zhan, I'll call you when I'm free 🤗]

[All right, be careful there and don't skip any of your meals]

[Yes, yes, father]

[I have to leave now, bye Zhan! Love you 😚]

[Be safe okay? I love you too 😘]

Zhan put his phone back on the bedside table once again, he was disappointed due to the fact that his girlfriend has little time for him, his boyfriend. Though he understands Suzhen's side, he still can't let go of this feeling that he's currently feeling and it was disappointment and loneliness. He was tired of living in this big apartment all by himself and was not also comfortable with sharing his apartment with people. He just wanted his girlfriend to be by his side. He wanted this apartment to be their home, where they create their little family and spend their lives together until they turn grey and old. He misses her, he misses her cuddles and kisses and hugs and everything that Suzhen gave to him. This was proof of how Zhan truly loves his girlfriend.

Zhan was staring at the ceiling looking at the plain white above his head until his stomach demanded food. He took that as a cue to move once again so he got up and went to his kitchen where he cooked himself enough food to satisfy this monster inside him.

"Aiyaa Suzhen, I wish you were here with me," he said as he once stared again at the nothingness. "It's fine Xiao Zhan! You can do this! Three more months then you can hug and kiss her all you want!" Zhan tried to be more optimistic which made him cheer up knowing that his girlfriend will come back into his arms. After eating, Zhan washed the dishes and went to his workroom and did his new painting with the new inspiration that he found, and that was meeting Suzhen once again.

***
The sun shone brightly and Zhan was still in his workroom, only a little bit of brushstrokes left, here and there and he will be finished. He was about to finish the last stroke when his phone rang. He picked up to see who it was and read Jiang Cheng's name.

"What?"
"What do you mean 'what'?"
"I meant what do you want?"
"Journalists are here once again and wanted to interview you,"

Zhan sighed, he was tired because he just pulled an all-nighter. But he can't make that a reason just to push everyone away, especially when they're looking forward to meeting him. He sighed and went downstairs to prepare some instant noodles.

"All right, I'll go there at 10," he said than ended the call. He checked the time and it was already 9 so he wasted no time, he immediately went back to his room and took a bath. After taking a bath he rushed downstairs as if there was no tomorrow and thankfully he did not have an accident. Considering Zhan's behaviour ang personality, he can be clumsy sometimes and that's one of the reasons why Cheng scolds him.