Chapter 18

Zhan took a bath in the guest room and he really enjoyed his time there, it had a homey feeling that made him calm. He didn't even want to leave there but when he noticed the time, he quickly finished his bath time when he realized that he didn't have any spare clothes.

'Aish!' Zhan exclaimed in his mind.

He wrapped himself in a towel and slowly walked out of the bathroom when he remembered that he was the only one present in the apartment.

'Really? Just how is my brain right now?' Zhan asked himself before looking at the wardrobe present in the room and he was surprised when he saw no clothing present.

"So Yibo doesn't have guests that often," Zhan shrugged and pinned this piece of information in his mind. Zhan closed the wardrobe and proceeded to Yibo's room hoping that it was open and not locked, even though Zhan didn't want to enter Yibo's room since it would be taken as invading one's privacy but considering this situation, Zhan had no choice but to go inside since he didn't want to go on grocery shopping wearing only a towel! Only covering his lower body!

Zhan was now in front of Yibo's room. Seeing the white creamy door facing him, he was now tempted to take a look at what was inside. He tried to shake off that feeling and just came in as he didn't have any other purpose than only taking what he needs, and that is Yibo's clothes. Zhan took a deep breath and tried to open the door and to his surprise, it wasn't locked so he opened it wide and Zhan was stunned at the room's interior.

It had a big bed placed in the centre and is covered with a white bed sheet and a table placed beside it. And on the opposite side, he saw a cabinet full of Legos and beside the cabinet was his skateboard. The one that Zhan saw in the park where Yibo saved him from the running vehicle. Zhan took his time and studied the whole interior of Yibo's room. To be honest, Zhan was surprised how Yibo cleaned his bug apartment with just him living in it, no maids nor helpers.

"Does Yibo clean his apartment all alone?" Zhan asked in amazement and when he remembered what he came here for, he ran to the closet and picked clothes for him to wear. After changing, Zhan got out of Yibo's dressing room when he saw a familiar painting present on the wall.

"That painting seems familiar," Zhan said as he walked near it and saw the signature placed on the bottom left side of the painting. That's when he realized that it was his painting. That he was the one painting it and it oddly seemed familiar to him also, as if he saw it posted on social media.

Zhan was thinking about it deeply and then he remembered that he was supposed to do something other than what he's doing right now.

***

Yibo, on the other hand, arrived at his company and his manager greeted him. "Good morning Yibo!" the manager greeted happily and Yibo just smiled in return. The manager was not offended or disappointed at Yibo's reaction, he was even happy that Yibo did not forget that he was there, and even returned a smile for him! That's a rare thing for Wang Yibo to execute.

"Yibo, there's someone who wanted to scout you for their drama," the manager started and Yibo just listened to his manager's words. "And you're getting the main role."

Yibo was shocked on hearing this but did not show any emotions outside. "Really?" was the only word that Yibo could ask. His manager nodded very happily, "they're even waiting for you at the office right now for them to discuss the terms for the upcoming drama."

And with that report, Yibo and his manager went inside the company to meet the people who wanted to make him the main lead for this upcoming drama.

***

Zhan was having trouble with how to leave Yibo's apartment without locking it. He thought of many ways but kicked them out of his mind because there might be a big possibility of a thief coming inside and stealing all the valuable pieces of stuff and that would anger Wang Yibo and he might kick him out and stop being friends with him.

Zhan who is now tired of thinking possible solutions came up with an idea and that is to ask Yibo about his passcode. Zhan was confident that Yibo will reply to him and left the apartment casually and went to the supermarket while humming his favourite opening song.

Upon arriving at the mall, Zhan immediately put his mask on and blended with people shopping. In his mini-journey, Zhan bought food and necessary things that he found missing in Yibo's apartment such as tissues, he never saw even one roll present in the apartment. He also bought raw ingredients for him to cook for their dinner. Even though Yibo took care of Zhan. The older had decided to cook this day's meals and that includes breakfast, lunch and dinner as a sign of thanking Yibo for accompanying him and treating him as his guest.

After Zhan gathered the things he wanted to check out he then fall in line to the cashier when someone tapped his shoulder. He immediately turned his head to where that pat came from and noticed that it was a girl, wearing thick glasses and was smiling at him. Zhan being the warm person bowed a bit and smiled in return when he asked the girl what she need. The girl then handed him a card then left.

***

The girl who gave Zhan that card hid her red face while thinking about what she had just experienced, a handsome man smiled at her. In her whole life, people found her as an ugly, short girl who's never good at things. When the girl heard that they were badmouthing her, she then fled out of that place and found a job that suited her and will also help her in proving to those people who belittled her that she is a nobody.

The girl was pushing her cart through the aisles when a misfit figure catches her whole attention. She felt attraction towards that figure and followed the man until the end and when she saw the man falling in line she mustered up all her courage into giving him her card. Thankfully she accomplished it but never got the chance to explain the details when the man flashed a bright smile to her.

Even with the mask covering half of the man's face, she still knew what was behind it. With that action, the girl slowly turned her back and left while the inside her was squealing in excitement.

When she stopped reminiscing about the event that had just happened, she smacked her head because she forgot to tell the stranger who she is and her objective. So she decided to wait outside and wait for the man to come out and talk to him.

After all, he's the last piece that's missing on her board.

***

Zhan had his eyes staring at the card and where the direction of the girl was.

'Was it a fan? Or was it something else?' Zhan was occupied with these thoughts and was knocked out when the cashier called him.

"Sir, it's now your turn," Zhan just smiled at the cashier and get the items out from his cart and let the cashier do her job.

"The total is 3000¥ sir," Zhan gave the cashier the exact amount and left and there a familiar figure reached his sight. 'It's the girl earlier!'

Zhan went near to the small figure who was thinking of something so deeply. He didn't want to disturb her but he really needs to ask why she gave him a card.

"Uhm..." Zhan started and thankfully, he got the girl's attention. "Oh, it's you!" exclaimed the girl.

"...can I ask why you gave me this card?" Zhan asked politely as he could and showed the girl the card she gave him.

"Oh, that! I just want to offer you something," the girl smiled.

"And what is that offer?" Zhan asked curiously and the girl then replied...

..."I want you to be the main character of my upcoming drama!"

-------------------
Edited
12/06/21

Enjoy!