Chapter 25

The two played and played all the games that they could find while other people behind the tents are doing their assigned tasks.

"Wahh, Yibo look!" Zhan tapped Yibo's shoulder and showed him a turtle plushy. "Are you satisfied with that?" Yibo asked and Zhan nodded like a little kid who got his candy.

"Aww, too bad...I got this," Yibo then decided to show Zhan a big lion plushie. When Zhan saw the plushie, hearts immediately went to his eyes, he fell in love with the lion plushie in just one glance.

"Do you want this??" Yibo asked Zhan who is now pouting as if he wanted candy but his parent did not allow him to.

"Then win that for me!" Yibo pointed at the big bunny plushie present at some game stand and in order to win that plushie, the player must shoot all 20 balloons in a row, which means that you have to be a sharp shooter!

Zhan gulped at the sight, he knew before that he wasn't a sharp shooter that's why he keeps his distance away from games like this. He looked at Yibo and declined his offer but when he saw the lion plushie in Yibo's hands it gave him determination.

'I must win the bunny plushie so I could get my hands on that lion!'

Zhan took a deep breath before walking to the stand and paying the owner so that he can start shooting. There are 25 bullets in the toy gun so that means that he has to be extra careful in shooting the balloons.

*click

*click

*click

Zhan was giving all his focus towards the balloons and not even sparing a glance at the younger who's looking at him while smiling and also, you could see the fondness present in his eyes.

As Zhan was busy shooting the balloons, Yibo on the other hand was thinking deeply about whether he should do it today or just wait another day. Then, he remembered what Jiyang said to him.

***

"Yibo," Jiyang called him while he was busy looking at his phone, obviously texting Xiao Zhan. This happened right after their shooting at the drama.

"Yes, ge?" Yibo asked the elder who was looking at him and on his phone. In years, he has never seen Yibo that's extremely fixated on his phone as he was today.

"Who are you texting?" though Jiyang had an idea on who Yibo is texting with, he still needs some confirmation from the older. Yibo wanted to hide who he was texting with but knowing his ge, who can be annoying sometimes, especially if you don't give him what he wants. He had no choice but to tell him.

"Zhan-ge,"

Jiyang sighed because he was right all along. Not that he doesn't like Zhan for Yibo but he was disappointed on how Yibo hid his feeling from the older. He never knew Yibo like this, he knew the younger as a straightforward person who would immediately tell his thoughts to others.

'But love is different,' is what Jiyang's mind said. He now understood how love can truly change a person.

"Yibo..." he called the youngster's attention who was still facing his phone, realizing that the younger did not even look at him, he then decided to just give Yibo a piece of advice.

"You need to tell him how you feel..." this made Yibo immediately stop what he's doing. "...or stop those feelings," he continued. Even though he doesn't want Yibo to give up on Zhan, he knew that his little friend has no chance with the older because on times that he's with Xiao Zhan. Jiyang could tell that Zhan indeed loves him. But that love is only what Zhan gives to the people, friendly love and no more than that. He could tell that Xiao Zhan has committed his heart to his girlfriend. That alone gave him the feeling that if Yibo doesn't tell Zhan his feelings sooner, then it's better to give up.