Chapter 5

Morning came and Zhan can already feel something walking above him and he found it ticklish. "Hahaha," his laugh jolted the poor bunny which was trying his best to wake up his owner. "Aww, xiao Wei, did my laugh scare you?" he calmly asked while stroking the bunny's head. "Don't worry  I won't repeat it again," Zhan assured the bunny before he got up and did his morning routine.

***

Zhan arrived at the gallery at 9 am sharp which surprised the Jiang siblings. They knew Zhan as the 'always late' and that Cheng would always call to check where Zhan was for them to ensure if Zhan is doing fine. Jiang Cheng found it bothersome but it does not complete his morning without making a single call to this man which he now considers as his Didi.

"Zhan!" Yanli called the man which just entered the gallery. "Jie!" Zhan called back and hugged his Jie who gladly hugged him back. "Huh, are you two forgetting that you two aren't the only people present in this place?" Jiang Cheng asked while rolling his eyes which made Zhan laugh and teased the grumpy looking man. "Aww if A-Cheng is jealous then this Gege will hug him," Zhan said in a cutesy tone which made Cheng shiver and push Zhan away, this simple action made Zhan laugh like there was no tomorrow.

"Who are you calling Didi? I'm older than you, you brat!" Jiang Cheng screamed but Zhan still continued laughing. "Only for a few months though," Zhan stuck out his tongue and Cheng glared at him while their Jie is just situated between them and admiring how childish the two men are. Jiang Cheng was about to smack Zhan in the head when his eyes saw a cage that Zhan was holding.

"What's in there?" Cheng asked, with curiosity present in his tone but Zhan didn't take his question seriously and decided to mess up with him, "it's an animal that will scare you!"

"Shut up! I'm serious," Cheng glared at him which made Zhan pout, "then how am I suppose to answer you if you want me to shut up?"

"Just shut up!" Cheng glared and slowly lowered his body to the cage's level and to his surprise he found a rabbit with a red ribbon tied on its neck. He looked at Zhan at couldn't believe what he has just seen.

'Xiao Zhan? A pet rabbit? Can he even take care of it when he can't take care of it himself?'

"Aiya, Jiang Cheng, I already know what you're thinking. You're thinking if I can take care of this little bunny here when I can't even take care of myself, is that right?" Zhan said and Cheng looked at him in surprise.

'Am I really that obvious?' Cheng asked himself and saw Zhan nodding.

"Did I hear it right? A bunny?" Yanli's eyes sparkled when she gets the cage from Zhan's grip and opened it. Cheng stared in amazement when he saw the bunny which was chewing a carrot and he was also moved by its cuteness. "He's cute right?" Zhan asked them and his eyes were clearly telling them to say yes.

"Yessss...he's cute," Yanli took a peek at the rabbit's private part and confirmed that it's a 'he'. "By the way Zhan, what's his name?" Yanli asked while stroking the bunny's fur. "Wei," Zhan said while smiling. "Wei?" Cheng asked because he was confused why this man names his bunny 'ghost'.

"Yes because he came to me like a ghost, he almost scared me to death," Zhan said while recalling the moment when he met Wei in the park and by recalling that memory, he also recalled the man who saved him from a running motorcycle.

'Ah! Maybe I should go back to that park and maybe I'll meet him there!' Zhan said with a little hope present in his statement.

"You're really weird Zhan," said Cheng and tried to carry the bunny from his Jie when it kicked him. Both Zhan and Yanli were shocked by the scene. "HAHAHAHAHA" Zhan laughed. "Wei, what a good pet! You just avenged your owner! HAHAHAHAHAHA" Zhan continued laughing until a tear escaped his eyes. "Hmph! Bad rabbit," Cheng said before walking out.