Chapter 17

"Oh you're here," Zhan said, hiding what he really feels by showing Yibo his smile.

"Mn," Yibo replied. Zhan stood up and dusted his jeans before holding Yibo's hand and dragging him to who knows where.

"Zhan-ge," Zhan stopped in his tracks and looked at Yibo who let go of Zhan's hand and took something from his pocket. It was a mask, a new one. Xiao Zhan looked at Yibo, confused. Yibo shook his head and explained to Zhan, "it's a mask..."

"I know," Zhan replied.

"...and I need you to wear it so that people won't know your identity," Yibo explained and Zhan just realized it. He took the mask from Yibo and wore it and then he realized. "There's no use because we'll be taking it off anyway, when drinking," said Zhan but still has the mask on.

Yibo just shook his head at Zhan's words and continued walking.

***

They arrived at a drinking stall and to Yibo's surprise, the stall was empty so he looked at his watch to know the time and no wonder the stall was empty, it was because it was already 11 in the evening. He looked in Zhan's direction and a question popped into his mind.

'Did Zhan-ge spend hours, waiting for me?'

"Ah, Yibo, let's go there," Zhan pointed at an empty table at the corner where it's almost impossible to know if there are people there. Yibo followed Zhan who went to that table and sat down. The owner came for them personally and Zhan ordered a dinner set because he knew that Yibo hadn't eaten dinner and also fermented wine for him.

After the owner left to prepare their orders, Zhan decided to start a conversation. "So before I called you, what were you doing?"

"Shooting,"

"At this time of the night?" Zhan asked, surprised at Yibo's answer.

"Mn,"

"Wahhh, just how cruel can the social world be?" Zhan asked loudly causing Yibo to look around to see if anyone heard them when the realization hits him.

'Oh, it was just us,' Yibo said in his mind.

"I got used to it," replied Yibo casually and Zhan can't help but be amazed at Yibo. Zhan knew that people say that Yibo is heartless or doesn't care about other people's feelings or just hates everything and everyone around him and many negative things. But what they do not know is that Yibo is actually far from what they always thought he is. To Zhan, Yibo is an amazing friend, he is always at his back and supports him on his decisions and even accompanied him drinking amidst his busy schedule!

Thinking this, Zhan felt regret asking Yibo to accompany him since he knew that Yibo's schedule is full and he has to wake up early tomorrow.

"Yibo, I'm sorry," blurted Zhan while looking into Yibo's eyes.

"For what?" asked Yibo who was confused.

"For bringing you into this mess, my mess. I know that you're schedule is full but you still made time for me," Yibo noticing how Xiao Zhan's mood dropped, he tried to lift Zhan's mood by ensuring him that he was not troubled at Zhan's request and he even said that he felt honoured that Zhan invited him instead of others. This lifted Zhan's mood instantly.

"Aiyoo, there's no need for you to be honoured like that, let's just eat," Zhan changed the talk and started his appetizer while Yibo sighed and shook his head in his mind. He never knew that Zhan can be flattered with just simple words like that. It's not that he didn't mean it, it's just that others might mislead Zhan by giving him continuous praises.

'I should stop praising him,' Yibo marked in his mind and started eating.

***

"Yibo~ did you know???? I had a premonition that xiao Wei has feeling for da Lan~~~" Zhan swayed his bottle in front of his eyes as he was feeling that the world was shaking and Yibo who witnessed the scene just kept watching the drunk man mumbling things.