Chapter 20

Tomorrow came fast and Zhan found himself sitting in Wen Qing's office waiting for the representative who wants to recruit him. While waiting he decided to talk to Wen Qing and ensure if she was not playing any tricks on him because he was sure that this representative that they were waiting for was already late.

"Wen Qing, are you sure that this is not some scam or something. You already know that our company's not that well known to the business world—" Zhan did not finish what he was about to say when Wen Qing smacked him on the shoulder.

"Idiot, why are you belittling our company? And how are you not updated into social media these days...if you scroll on Waibo, you can see your face there and our company has also reached its peak thanks to me!" Wen Qing said, annoyed at Zhan.

"Eh? Really? But why are you saying it's because of you when it's obviously me endorsing the products," Zhan said and made Wen Qing even more annoyed. Wen Qing faced him with a seriousness displayed on her face, "who did you think handled you huh? And without me, you will not be who you are right now."

"But without me, how will the company be at its roots now?" Zhan interjected and this made Wen Qing raise her white flag to show surrender to Zhan when she noticed a figure coming into the office.

"All right, now be quiet, the representative's here." Wen Qing showed her serious face and displayed professionalism while Xiao Zhan sat straight and paid attention to the opening door.

"Good morning~" greeted the sing song voice. Zhan closed his eyes when he heard a familiar voice. He tried to recall it but...

"Hello," the girl greeted Xiao Zhan who was still closing his eyes. And with this, Zhan now opened his eyes and he was greeted by the familiar figure.

"It's you!" exclaimed Zhan when he finally recalled the girl whom he saw yesterday at the mall. "Yes it's me," replied the girl and sat down on the chair opposite Xiao Zhan's.

Wen Qing, who was puzzled at how the two talked with each other decided to join in, "who's who?"

"She..." Zhan said, pointing at the girl sitting on the opposite of him, "...met with me yesterday and decided to make me the main character for her drama...I thought you were just joking!"

The girl was a bit offended at Zhan's work so she decided to also explain her side and tell Zhan who she really is. "For your information Mr Xiao, I'm not a girl, I'm a woman. I'm not named 'you', my name is Xiu Shang...keep that in mind...Xiu Shang and lastly, I'm already 27 years old!"

Zhan was shocked at the girl's sudden outburst. "Y-You're 27 years old?!" Zhan asked and Xiu Shang just nodded before she turned her head to Wen Qing.

"A piece of advice Ms Wen, kindly discipline your..." Xiu Shang requested Wen Qing while eyeing Zhan and this made Zhan gulp in fear, "...artist," Shang finished.

"Yes, yes, I'm very sorry Director Xiu," Wen Qing apologized and Zhan was now more shocked by what he just learned.

'She's a director?!'

"Back to the topic, I am here personally to scout Mr Xiao to be one of our main characters, in short, there 2 main characters. The plot is about two sworn brothers who made a promise together to make the world free from evil," explained Shang and thankfully Zhan caught up pretty fast.

"So the genre of this drama will be, historical with martial arts?" Zhan asked and Shang just nodded.

It was now Wen Qing's turn to ask, "considering the genre alone, won't the artists be asked to go on a workshop together? To...you know, practice martial arts and the basic etiquette of ancient times?" Shang nodded and Wen Qing asked one last question, "so this project will make the actors live in one house together?" Shang nodded once again.