143 And Counting

Divorced. Beheaded. Died. Divorced. Beheaded. Survived. 

We all know the story of King Henry VIII. The brutal wife killer and madman who ruled England. The story appears to end when he finally dies of his own gluttony, leaving his last wife, Kathrine, as the last surviving wife. But that is not the end of the story, only the chapter. 

The new chapter begins in the Lust Ring of Hell.

King Henry resumed his terror over his court even after death. In a secluded corner of the Ring, he built a palace of glittering beauty and terror, complete with an exact replicate of the Tower where he executed the women he claimed to love. 

We all know about his six wives. Cathrine, Anne, Jane, Anne, Cathrine, and Katherine... The unfortunate women who had the misfortune to catch the king's eye. But what the history books will not tell you is that his tyranny continued into the afterlife. The six wives were just the beginning. You will not find the other 143 wives in any history book. 

Queen Elizabeth, or wife number 143 for those who cared to keep count, was currently under house arrest for some imagined crime. For those of us at court, it was like walking on cracking ice. No one wanted to be seen as the Queen's ally. Unfortunately, several ladies were commissioned to be her companions during the arrest while the sham of a trial was conducted. I, however, managed to escape that fate only to be found in a far worse one.

I was slated to become wife 144.