keefe

after tam and Biana left, keefe ran over to Sophie and scooped her up into his arms. he was beaming. his darling Sophie was going to have a baby, his baby. he must have been the happiest person in the world right now. "how many months are you-"  

"about four months, is what Elwin said, so five months until you get to see your baby girl." Sophie said, smiling. "what should we call her?" she asked, cocking her head to the side. keefe loved when she did that. "how about keeferina? or keefa, or-"

"keefe, I'm serious. if your just gonna be silly, then I'm going to get some mallow melt." she left, her pale blue dress swinging at her ankles. keefe sighed, then gagged. Iggy had somehow escaped his cage and burped right in face.  "yeah, your right, Iggy. women are complicated." he was speaking to Iggy who was lying on his tunic while keefe slouched on the amber coloured chair, with gold embroidery. keefe often wondered if Sophie ever noticed that keefe's favourite chair just happened to be the colour of Sophie's eyes.  "tam did say they get very frustrated when their pregnant, and crave weird things, so i guess i better buy her lots of food..." keefe kept droning on. he wasn't actually listening to himself, nor did he know what he was saying. Iggy was looking at him like he was crazy.

keefe's mind was elsewhere. he thought about his father. a terrible father, that was until he fell in love again. after that, lord cassius had become just about the perfect father. it was actually him that bought keefe the amber coloured chair, for his wedding day. the wedding was the first time keefe had actually met the "mystery lady" who was actually elwana, elwin's sister, also know as glimmer. (I made this up, I do not actually know who glimmer is) she was quite a pretty woman, and hard to tell she was related to elwin at all. she had midnight blue eyes, wavy light brown hair, and pale skin. she also adored keefe like a son, which seemed to make lord cassius want to adore him to. they both showered him with endless love, as if to make up for the eighteen years he spent without any. then keefe thought about the day lord cassius had said sorry.

keefe knocked on the door of candleshade, surprised when his father opened it. keefe was almost knocked over by the wave of emotions. he felt guilt and anger and jealousy. keefe wondered what his father wanted. he needed to get home to Sophie to help her plan the wedding. "come in, keefe" he said. keefe stepped into candleshade, not taking his eyes of his father. lord cassius took a deep breath.  "keefe, I am very proud of you, you have been through a thousand more bad times than me, and many problems. I happen to be one of them, and I just want to say... I- I'm sorry."  keefe stared at his father, then threw his arms around him. lord cassius awkwardly patted him on the back. then when they had pulled apart, keefe and his lord cassius smiled at each other, finally father and son.

keefe was snapped out of his flashback by another Iggy burb. he could hear Sophie and ro in the other room, planning the nursery. keefe finally thought he realised why his father had been so terrible. because he didn't have any love. he probably knew deep down that lady Gisela was only using him for something, so took it out on his son. keefe hoped that because he had Sophie, someone to love him, that he would be a good father. suddenly, the perfect name for his baby girl popped into his head, and he knew Sophie would love it. 

he scrambled out of his chair, almost falling over twice, as he reached the sleek kitchen, where ro and Sophie were planning out the nursery.  "Sophie", keefe bent over, breathless from his run. "I- I h-have a good name." he said. "Sophie put her hands on her hips, and rolled her eyes. "what is it?" she sighed. 

keefe smiled. "how about Jolie, because it would be-" he was cut of by Sophie hugging him. "so, you like it?" Sophie's kiss gave him every answer he needed.

724 words... wow, that is probably the longest part I have written, but it was so fuuuuuunnnn!!! I love the idea of keefe finally getting the parents he deserves!!  anyway, please comment whatever you like. feedback, questions (which i promise to answer) or just random words!!!

love you all! -befany.