sophie

okay!! 600 reads! well... 614 if we are being specific. anyways, I know I said Sophie and keefe's children would be p.o.v from now on, but I just really need to add Sophie here to make the story more streamlined. anyway, on with the story.

"what is going on here?"

Sophie looked at her children, eyes blazing. she had seen luka smash the mirror on to the floor, but he had tears in his eyes, so it must not be all his fault. she looked at Lestie to explain, but she looked at the floor. then her eyes settled on luka.

"luka, why did you smash that mirror? it's okay, I'm not angry, I just want to know." it was true. Sophie was rarely angered at her children. she was mostly confused, worried or extremely happy. lately, though, she noticed Lestie had been distancing herself away from Sophie. sophie had been worried but figured she needed space. but now, she could see something was definitely wrong.

luka looked over at Lestie, who pleaded with him with her eyes.

"well?" Sophie put her hands on her hips.

luka breathed in, and Lestie looked at the ground, knowing she was defeated.

"Lestie hasn't been eating. not for a while. she eats a little at dinner every now and then, but nothing else. I was trying to get her to eat, and she wouldn't and I just couldn't... I just couldn't watch her be so sad."

Sophie felt her heart break right then and there. she saw Lestie look away as if embarrassed, while luka avoided eye contact. she stepped back as she realised it was true. she hadn't seen Lestie eat in a while, and when she offered her food, she always said no. 

"Lestie, lets go to my room, okay?"

Lestie nodded, and followed Sophie. when they arrived, Lestie sat on Sophie's bed.

"just wait, and I'll get your father, or, um if you don't want him here?"

"I don't mind" Lestie looked at her hands.

Sophie nodded at walked out quickly. a sob escaped her lips. she should keefe in his study, studying a map of the house, evilly laughing as he placed pins in certain rooms. Sophie knocked quietly on the door. keefe still had grey hair, stiff with glue when he lifted his head sharply and breathed a sigh of relief. 

"whoa, I though you were Jolie. now, what do you think would be a better revenge, bacteria... stink bombs.. ooorrr, maybe... yes! I know-"

"keefe!"

keefe looked up and saw Sophie on the verge of tears.

Sophie? baby? what's wrong?"

Sophie buried herself in keefe's arms.

"Lestie... she hasn't been eating, luka said she hasn't for a while! what do we do? is it my fault? i should've paid more attention!"

keefe looked at her in disbelief.

"I guess she hasn't..., oh god! oh my god! she hasn't been eating at all!"

Sophie looked at him and tried to breath.

"okay, so here's the plan. we need to let her explain. we wont ask to many questions, we just listen, and then we can talk some solutions okay?" keefe swallowed, but nodded.

the two walked back into the bedroom, and Sophie was glad to have keefe with her. Lestie looked up at them, and she looked... tired.

Sophie sat next to her, while keefe sat on a nearby chair.

"Lestie, do you want to tell us why you haven't been eating? Or do you want to talk to us about anything else?"

Lestie looked at her hands again.

"i just... dad's always telling me that i remind him of you, and that I look so much like you. well, everyone does, and when I try to be my own person, I'm always... Sophie sencen's daughter, or Jolie's sister, or Luka's twin, or the girl who's parents helped defeat the neverseen. no one actually says... that's Lestie sencen, the prettiest girl in school. they said it about you, mum, about Jolie, and that  dad and luka are the best looking boys, but not me. my eyes are just plain brown. there's no flecks of gold like yours, or blue like luka's and Avery's. just brown. my lips are chapped, my skin is oily, and my thighs rub together. i just thought that i can fix one thing, maybe it would be easier to fix the rest of me, so they can actually see... me."

the three of them were all crying. keefe stood up and hugged Lestie hard with all his strength.

Sophie stared at her daughter, and wondered how Lestie didn't see how beautiful she was. her eyes were a deep soulful brown, and her skin glowed, and she had a perfect body, and she wondered how Lestie was so sad at only 10 years old.

"okay Lestie, I'm glad you told us, to finally get that weight of your shoulders. but we need to think of some ways to help you see how perfect you are. you are your own person, Lestie, I- we know that. so, how about a visit to elwin, and he can give you some solutions, and we will help whenever you need. does that sound okay?"

Lestie nodded, and wiped her eyes. Sophie held out her arms, and she fell into them. Sophie stroked her hair. "are you going to start eating again honey? you can ease back into it if you need?"

"I'll eat mum, i promise, thanks."

Sophie smiled.

"anything for you baby."