keefe

keefe was writing invitations for the party where they would announce that Sophie was pregnant. it would be the first time they all got together in ages. keefe couldn't wait to see Dex again. the two had become extremely close, as Dex helped him control his weird new abilities, but ever since they had defeated the neverseen, Dex had stayed at home to spend time with Lihn, considering that he had almost lost his precious Lihn. keefe felt bad he hadn't kept in touch, just like he felt bad that he hadn't spoken to Fitz or Marella for what had to be at least two months. he wrote the names of his friends on the top of each invitation in fancy lettering his step mother had taught him. 

suddenly ro walked in. "don't forget to invite gigantor and his pretty lady" she said, peering over his shoulder. "wait, your not inviting lord grumpypants?" the name for lord cassius used to be an insult, but know it had become endearing. 

"um, well I guess-"

"and what about mummy and daddy foster?"

"well I was actually just doing that." keefe said with a slight hint of annoyance in his voice.

"ugh, just let me do it, go help blondie, she shouldn't be heavy lifting in her state." ro pushed keefe out of his seat, and sat down on the exquisitely carved wooden seat. 

"WHAT! why did you let her pick up heavy stuff? she could get hurt!" he shouted, and rushed out of the office. ro sighed. "if only you both weren't so stubborn", then she chuckled to herself as she heard Sophie tell keefe that she was fine, and could do it by herself. 

keefe wobbled as Sophie sat on his shoulders hanging gold decorations around the ballroom. "don't you dare drop me!" Sophie warned as keefe's legs buckled. "yeah, well remember you two people in one, so its not as easy as it was before." Sophie laughed, hanging golden tinsel on the wall.  "okay, that's all the decorations done. did you finish the invitations?"  "i left ro to finish it, and um, you wouldn't mind if dad and elwana come do you?" 

of course they can come, he's my babies grandpa!" keefe smiled, as sophie walked out of the room to check on ro, her shoulder length hair swaying from side to side, in harmony with the ends of the knee length sunflower coloured dress, her stomach bulging.

keefe smiled to himself, she is absolutely perfect. she usually wore knee length dresses or half tights to show off her huge scar on the back of her calf.

keefe thought back to the horrific very last battle.

Sophie struggling with Genthen as he slashed knives in all directions, slicing along her calf a huge gash turning the pure snow red, and slashing of Lihn's hair, scratching the back of her neck, and blood dripped down her back, while Fintan came at Sophie with fire while she collapsed to the ground from the pain, un aware of what was about to happen, bo, who had become close friends with Sophie and was extremely friendly with Marella, (she was his best friend) roared and jumped in front of Sophie and engulfed by the flames. Marella who was fighting with ruy saw what happened and cried out bloody murder, she had just lost her best friend.  her eyes flamed with anger, and her whole body lit up with fire. she turned away from ruy as he screamed, being burned alive, and focused her attention on Fintan, her former trainer, who had escaped prison the year before. she screamed and flung fire at him, then she collapsed and burst into tears when Fintan was no more, muttering "bo, poor bo, please come back". away from sight, Vespera held Biana down slashing at her old scars while Biana screamed and cried and struggled, but it only made the cuts deeper. Lihn, Dex and tam were fighting about ten dwarves and three ogres, but when an ogre grabbed Lihn by the neck and began to squeeze, tam and Dex roared, and Dex fired multiple shots from an updated melder that can kill an ogre instantly, while shadow flux pored out of tam's hands. while this was all happening, Fitz and keefe had been trapped under one of Ruy's flickering forcefields, with lady Gisela watching them from the outside, and dwarves burned them over and over with boiling melted magsidan, as they had to watch their friends being tortured, sobbing, passed out from blood loss from one gash, and fighting ogres on their own, but when ruy was killed, and the forcefield disappeared, and ro charged in, saving both of them. keefe immediately ran over to a limp blonde haired body, Fitz ran over to tam, pointing to Vespera, whispering "do your worst to her", then he looked at his screaming sister, and save her, please" and then ran past Dex stroking Lihn's hair, and straight to a sobbing Marella. keefe had looked up, at tam crying, horrified at the injuries Biana had to endure, while she whispered that she was fine, and at Marella and Fitz, and Dex and Lihn and he knew, that even though, they were never going to be the same, they had finally won.

keefe snapped back to it, and realised he was crying. he found Sophie sitting on his desk, talking to ro, and slowly walked over to her and his arms around her. Sophie didn't say anything, just hugged him back and stroked his hair. "I love you keefe" she said. "love you to"