sophie

Sophie was panicking. the decorations weren't finished, keefe was no where to be seen, and ro, her trusted friend, was called away by her father for urgent business. she stomped around the house, her newly curled hair bouncing around her shoulders. "keeeefe! where are you! I know your in the house because i checked the security cameras!" she shouted at the top of her lungs. she sighed. she would just have to finish the decorations herself. she walked into the nursery to collect the golden decorations, and there was keefe. he was sitting on the floor of the nursery, with a screwdriver in his mouth, with drawn eyebrows, focusing deeply on hammering the pieces of wood in his hands. Sophie put her hands on her hips and raised an eyebrow. "what are you doing? you do know I've been looking for you all morning?" keefe looked up at her, surprised, as if he had only just noticed she was there. "I'm building one of those things that humans put their babies in, you know.. they look like a bed, but in a cage?"

"you mean a crib?"

"yeah! one of those!"

he looked so adorable and excited in that moment that Sophie forgave him immediately. "okay keefe, but we can just get an Elvin one, you don't have to build it yourself."

"but... I guess I just want our baby to grow up in both worlds, you know. and plus, after it's built I get to paint it!"

Sophie smiled. "okay keefe, but can you please help put up the decorations first, because everyone will be here soon." keefe looked longingly at his creation, then sighed.

"fiiiinne" he moped out of the room to put up the golden decorations. suddenly the doorbell rang. Sophie panicked. no one was supposed to be here yet! no one had no idea that she was pregnant apart from tam and Biana. "keefe" she whispered. "whaaaat now?" Sophie raised an eyebrow at the attitude but kept going. "you need to stall whoever's at the door so I can finish the decorating" keefe nodded and ran to the door. he back up soon afterwards with tam and Biana. 

"it's just bangs boy and Biana" he said and continued with the decorations, tam reluctantly helping, while Sophie and Biana chatted.

finally, everything was finished. the house glittered with gold and the banquet hall table was covered in human and Elvin food. the door bell began ringing. Sophie and keefe had a plan. everyone would be in the banquet hall, catching up on old times, then Sophie and her huge belly would appear in all her glory.  Dex and Lihn were the first to arrive. Sophie watched as keefe invited them in from the upstairs window. Sandor and Grizel were next, followed by Grady and Edaline, Fitz and Marella and lord cassius with elwana. Sophie pulled at her eyelashes as she got more nervous.

"Sophie? are you ready? everyone's here and begging to see you." Sophie turned to look her husband in the eye and took a deep breath.

"yes, I'm ready."