keefe

16 years later.....

keefe woke to sound  of his children screaming at the top of their lungs. "muuuuuummm, Luka stole my hair bruuuusssshhh!" Sophie rolled over to face keefe and winced.

"can you pleeaassee deal with them this morning, please?"

keefe sighed and got out of bed ready to face his four children. sixteen year old Jolie sat on the family sofa holding a hairbrush protectively in her lap, while Lestie and Luka, the ten year old twins at sat with their arms crossed scowling at each other.  Avery, the three year old toddler was mumbling away to himself as he pushed small toy cars around the floor.

"dad, I've told Luka like, a bajillion times to stay out of my room.. but he still goes inside messes it up and steals my hair brush?  Even though you buy him a heap of stuff for himself? why does he need MY hair brush?"

 Lestie crossed her arms and awaited her fathers answer. keefe chuckled to himself as the stubborn brown eyed girl reminded him so much of Sophie. she had even developed her own habit of pulling out her eyelashes. her twin Luka who also had brown eyes, but with small flecks of blue, had Sophie's smile, with strawberry blonde hair that came from keefe's second uncle. Jolie, on the other hand was a sencen through and through, with a trademark keefe smirk, mischievous nature, and the only child with keefe's ice blue eyes. she already had such a long detention record that it threatened her father's. Avery, was very much in his own little world, he was diagnosed with autism only recently and keefe and Sophie were trying hard to help him as best they could. he is a small boy with dark brown eye's that melted Sophie and got him whatever he wanted.

(authors note: I don't know if they have autism in the Elvin world but I thought that there should be some diversity, sorry if I accidently offended anyone.)

"dad? daaad? isn't he going to get in trouble?"

keefe snapped back to to earth.

"well, where is this hair brush then?"

Luka pointed over at Jolie who was watching the whole episode with the beginnings of a smirk on her face. keefe saw she held the hairbrush in her lap.

"she took it of us and slapped us both in face and told us to stop being annoying after Lestie starting wrestling me." Luka said the strange sentence with such a straight face, and so calmly, that keefe just had to laugh.

"ok, Jolie give the hair brush back to Lestie, Luka, don't go into your sister's room, and all of you, be quiet so your mother can sleep." Lestie stalked of back to her room, while Jolie and Luka walked to the kitchen to get breakfast.

keefe walked over to Avery and picked him up, resting him on his hip.  

"heeey buddy how are you this morning? you want breakfast?"

"I will later daddy, i just want to finish my game please." Avery replied with such innocence.

"okay, you come get me or mummy when your ready. I'm just going to see if mummy's okay and I'll come back, okay?"

"okay, daddy"

Avery resumed playing with his toy trucks and cars. keefe walked back to his room listening to the chatter coming from the kitchen. 

Sophie had sat up in bed, and was reading one of her human books called treasure island. she looked up at him as he kissed her on the cheek.

"everything okay?"

"yeah, babe everything's great." he smiled and felt so much love for sophie and his children he thought he was going to burst. he walked out of the room to find avery, and had never felt more happy in his life.