Chapter 3

Lias POV
The next day, I woke up on the couch in Jack's arms. They were still tightly around my waist as if I was going to slip away. I snuggled back into his chest because I didn't want to face reality.
Where was I going to go now? After my mom died, my dad fought to keep me. Now that both of my parents are gone and I have no more grandparents and they never bothered to have more kids than my parents, I have no one to turn to. I'm going to be in foster care. Then, the phone rang again and I slowly went to go get it.
"Hello?"
"Hello, is this Lia Sanders?"
"Yeah why?"
"Hi Lia, my name is Brenda. I'm a social worker and I understand that both your parents have perished, yes?" She asked bluntly.
"Yeah."
"Well, we did some research to find some of your family that isn't perished and we found your biological father."
"Oh yeah, I forgot about him. Is there anyone else?" I asked annoyed. I hate him. He left me and my mom when she gave birth to me.
"No, I'm afraid not. So, you're going to have to pack your bags because we're taking you there today. I'll be over at about 1:30 pm. See you then. Bye." Then, the line went dead.
I don't even know my biological dads name. I don't know where he lives or anything.
"You okay?" Jack asked with his eyes puffy. I hugged him tightly again.
"I have to move in with my biological dad."
"Its okay. Do you know where he lives?" He asked.
"No and some stupid social worker is coming at 1:30 to tell me more about it, but I'm also leaving today." I cried more into his arms.
"Its alright, Lia." He rubbed circles on my back.
"Will you help me pack? Its almost 1:00" I asked him. He nodded and let go of me.
"Let's go get this over with." He sighed. I could see the pain in his eyes. I so badly wanted everything to be normal again. I hugged him again.
"I love you."
"I love you too, Jack." I whispered.