Chapter 6

When we eventually got to my biological dad's house, I felt sick to my stomach again. Brenda pushed me towards the front door and rung the doorbell. A man that looked about in his mid thirties answered the door and looked confused when he saw us.
"Hello. Jim?" She asked when he nodded. "Well I'm Brenda and this is your daughter, Lia. Do you remember her?"
"Daughter?" I heard a woman's voice come from across the house.
"Lia.. You look so much like your mother." He stared at me which made me uncomfortable. The woman came and saw me and automatically smiled sweetly.
"Hi, Lia. I'm Bridget, your dads wife." They exchanged looks.
"He's not my dad. He's my biological dad." I said bluntly which made everything awkward.
"Well I'm afraid you're going to have to stay here with him anyways, Lia. Both your parents have perished and there is no one else to turn to." Brenda said, breaking the silence.
"That's okay. We have a room for you already. Here come in." He opened the door wider so I could come in. Brenda left my bags inside the house next to the door and walked out and left.
Jim showed me a room that was medium size and had a queen size bed with plain white pillows and blankets. I set my bags down in that room.
"I'm really sorry about leaving you guys." He said. "I wasn't really mature enough to raise a child."
"Neither was she. Do you know how much pain and agony she went through to raise me?" I asked but eight after, my phone rang. God bless.
"Hello?"
"Are you okay? I saw yours and jacks tweets. What happened?" My best friend Luke asked me.
"I'll tell you later. I'm not really in the mood to cry again." I said.
"Why is your voice cracking?" He sounded concerned.
"I'm not in Wisconsin anymore. I had to move to Seattle." I said hoping he wouldn't question it.
"What? Why?"
"I'll tell you later." I muttered into the phone.
"Are you sure your okay?" He asked.
"No." My voice cracked.
"Would it be better for you if I just asked Jack?" He asked trying not to get me to cry.
"I don't know. He's pretty sad too." I mumbled.
"Okay bye I'll talk to you later. I love you. Don't forget that."
"Bye I love you too and I won't." I waited until he hung up to burst into tears.
"Was that your boyfriend on the phone?" Jim asked. I forgot he was there.
"No. My best friend." I muttered to him.
"I'm sorry you had to go through this, Lia. You don't deserve it." I didn't respond. "Do you have a boyfriend?"
"Yeah." I nodded my head.
"What's his name?" He asked sounding interested.
"Jack."
"What's he like?"
"He's funny, he has the best dimples, he gives the best hugs, he has greenish blueish eyes,-" I stopped myself. I don't want to talk to him.
"How old are you?" He asked, not letting me stop talking to him.
"16"
"What's your best friend's name?"
"Luke, Mikey, Christian, Chris, Alexis, and Jack. But I guess jack doesn't count."
"Which one were you talking to on the Phone?"
"Luke." I yawned.
"It looks like you need some sleep. I'll talk to you in the morning. Goodnight." He patted my arm and got up, walking out the door. Thank god. I was praying for him to leave.