Chapter 4

When we finished packing, I looked at the time.1:27
"I don't want to go." I sobbed as I hugged jack once more.
"I don't want you to go either, Lia. But I promise we'll make it through this." He said trying to calm me down. Then, the doorbell rang. I felt sick to my stomach as Jack sighed sadly and let go of me. "Its gonna be okay, Lia. I promise. Well get through this."
I got the door and there stood the lady I talked to on the phone smiling.
"Lia, right?" I nodded. "I'm Brenda. I don't know if you remember me from our conversation this morning."
"Yep." I said annoyed.
"Are you ready to go?" She asked me gesturing towards the car.
I turned around to see jack and hugged him tighter than I ever have.
"I love you so much." I said as loud I could so she could hear that she was making me leave my boyfriend.
"I love you so much more, Lia. You're my best friend. We can meet up sometimes, okay?" Hsaid rubbing circles on my back.
"It won't be the same." I whimpered.
"It's okay, Lia. Its okay to take risks. We're going to be okay. I promise."
"Lia? We need to leave. Say your goodbyes." Brenda said.
"Lia, you need to go. I'll be here waiting I promise." Jack said.
"I love you." We said at the same time. I pecked his lips again, because I knew I wouldn't be feeling this way for a while. Brenda grabbed my arm when we pulled away.
"Come on, sweetie. Time to go." She said with the annoyance showing in her voice.
"Bye." Jack said to me again.
"Bye, Jack." I said reluctantly.
"That's a sweet boyfriend you've got there. I'm sorry this had to happen to you. But, I can tell he's willing to do anything for your safety. Be really does love you." Brenda said when we got in the car. I didn't answer. "How long have you guys been dating?" She asked.
"Two years." I said, my voice cracking.
"That's longer than any of my relationships." She said trying to make me smile.
'Maybe it's because you do nothing but ruin relationships.' I so badly wanted to say, but for some reason, my lips weren't moving which was probably a good thing. I looked out the window to see Jack still on the steps of my front house sitting with his head in his hands.
I tapped the glass on the window which made him look up. 'I love you' I whispered/mouthed. I slightly smiled when he mouthed it back.
"Ready to hit the road?" Brenda asked.
"No." I said bluntly. She just smiled and sighed.
"It'll get better, Lia."
No it won't.