Chapter 20

Lias POV
"Hey christian have you seen Jack?" I questioned looking around.
"Yeah he's in the shower." He replied.
"Oh okay." I shrugged and sat next to him.
"So how long have you guys known each other?" He asked.
"Our parents were friends so since we were babies I guess." I shrugged.
"Oh cool. When did you guys start dating?" He interrogated.
"Um officially, it was when we were 13. But we kissed the year before that on his birthday." I giggled softly at the memory, "since then, I've kinda had it set in my mind that he would be my 'prince charming'."
Christian and I chuckled. "I got dibs on the best man." We laughed again.
"What about you? Got any special girls in your life?" I asked, curiously.
"Nope. Well--" he paused.
"Spill." I said turning towards him and sitting criss-crossed.
"Her name is Bailey and she's-- um never mind." His face got bright red and he looked down.
"What?" I asked.
"Um never mind. I don't really like her that much. Jack thinks she's trouble anyways and he's like my older brother so I have to listen to him." He responded avoiding eye contact.
"Tell me the truth, christian. I don't know why you're making such a big deal about this." I said trying to get it out of him.
"Promise me you won't get upset." He reluctantly said, making me more curious I nodded. "Okay. She's jacks ex she--"
"Ex? What are you talking about?" I almost shouted.
"When you were away, bailey started hanging out with him because they had some classes together. She's not a slut or anything, she's really sweet. She asked jack out and he said he would feel bad if he said no because shes so nice. They broke up after like a week because bailey realized that he didn't like her as much as she liked him." Christian explained nervously.
"Oh. Okay." I gulped, trying jot to cry.
"It was only for a week." Christian tried calming me down.
"Yeah but still he never talked to me about it." I said, my voice cracking at the end.
"He shouldn't have had to. Its his life. Stop getting all jealous. He never liked her like that, okay? I'm sure you've had at least one boy that you hung out with or dated but you didn't like him, did you?" He said trying to knock some sense into me.
"Christian I'm sorry I understand now. But can you not bring up boys I might've dated or hung out with please? There are some things I'd rather forget about." I said hanging my head low.
"What happened in Seattle, lia?" He asked making sure I looked him in the eyes.
"There was this guy. His name was Jeremy. We were friends. Then he tried making it way more. I cried and dropped out of school there. The end." I said bluntly, my lip quivering at the end.
"Wow. I'm sorry. But its okay, you're surrounded by people who love you." He said hugging me. Automatically, I put my head on his shoulder, holding him tight, bawling my eyes out like a little baby. Christians always been like the little brother I've always wanted.
"Lia what's wrong?" I heard a familiar voice say. I didn't turn my head because I didn't want him to see me. Christian let go slowly which made me calm down a little bit.
"Lia come here." I didn't hesitate to hug him.
"You're wet." I said against his shoulder. He chuckled softly.
"I uh just got out of the shower." He said awkwardly making my face heat up. Luckily my face was in the crook of his neck so no one saw the redness.
"LIA DO YOU KNOW WHER--" I heard someone say. I let go of jack to see Mikey. "Never mind. I guess you found him. Put some clothes on. It'd be hilarious if your towel dropped." Mikey said quickly moving his arm as if he would pull down his towel.
"Okay okay I'll go." Jack said backing away.
"So y'all are dating again?" Mikey said in a random southern accent. I nodded. "Use protection."
"What good advice." I rolled my eyes.
"If you want advice go to Luke or Chris. They're more mature than me." He replied.
"They're funnier too." I giggled.
"Then I guess I've got the looks." He sighed egotistically.
"Nahh. More like the annoyingness." I argued.
"What do I got then?" Jack said, coming back in with clothes on.
"Nothing. We gotta go to Starbucks, so come on." He started walking away.
"That was weird." Jack said. I just shrugged and followed Mikey.