Past Life

2 years later #
Author's POV.
Karn was a very good student and was also very respectful towards his Gurumaa Dharani. He would not blindly follow the Vedas proscribed but instead questioned.

Parshuram never shut him up from asking question instead encouraged him. Now he was a 15 year old beming confidence because there were two people to give him self confidence that was Gurudev and Nidhi. Dharani, Parshuram's wife and Karn made a beautiful mother and son bond.

She noticed that after practice Karn would stand on the edge of the Parvat and wait for a girl's letter. On her asking he told her that the girl is Nidhi and her best friend.

Dharani already knew that this Friendship will turn into love one day, but being a mother still wanted to confirm if this Nidhi was good enough for Karn.

So she sat and watched Nidhi's previous life. What she saw a quit tragic. She saw...

A beautiful woman was sitting on a swing quite bored. Then came man who looked so much like Karn. He came and sat next to her. They talked, it was clear by their gesture that they were lovers. Dharani came to know the names of the lovers the lady's name was Vidipriya and the man was veer. It was soon evening they went their separate ways. Then she saw the young maiden with her dasis they were planning to go to the forest. When they reached there they stared playing, then she was a sage who was meditating. Vidipriya's twin sister was wearing heavy pyaal her name was Nitipriya, she saw a sage meditating and stared to run around him. The sage was getting irritated by the sound his meditation was about to break but then Vidipriya/Nidhi came there to rescue her sister. Seeing her sister Nitipriya quickly ran away but by then the sage's mediation was broken and he was angry. He saw Vidipriya and thought that she broke his meditation and gave a curse.
Sage : you arrogant girl you broke my meditation that I was doing for 100s of years. I curse you that you will be separated from your lover and will never meet him.
Hearing this Vidipriya became unconscious, the sage then saw her feet only to see that Vidipriya was not wearing paayal causing a wave of guilt running through his body. When she woke up the sage apologies to her and then said....
Sage : putri, I can't take my curse back but I can lessen it for you. You will meet your lover but not in this birth in the next.
Vidipriya smiled and said that she was happy that she will meet veer again. Then she went to meet Veer again and told him about her curse, he was devestated. Just then an arrow came and pierced the back of Vidipriya. She was about to die and there was no way of saving her. Veer was crying and yelling her name like crazy but she never woke up.

Dharani opened her eyes and realized that her eyes were red from crying but she was convinced that Nidhi was made for Karn.

They served the punishment of the crime that they have never committed. She was happy that the lovers will meet again, so she happily watched Karn write letters to her.

BYE 👋
DID YOU LIKE THE UPDATE?