Happy Ending

Karn's POV.
Today was the day for the baby shower event. I was so happy that today our babies will be announced as the Rajkumar and Rajkumari of Angadesh but also about that Gandhari maa will come to Nidhipur. It's been a week since I last saw her and I miss her like crazy. I entered my and Nidhi's shared chamber only to see Nidhi looking beautiful with both the babies in the crib sleeping.

 For me she is the only reason for my happiness, she just came in my life out of nowhere and now she became the most important person from me

I looked at Vrishika and Aditya and smiled. Then.....
Nidhi : Arya, it's time for the gusts to arrive.
Me : yes let's go.

Me and Nidhi went down to see everyone dressed. We welcome all the guests very politely, a few of them even made nasty comments (sishupal). It was the most awkward to welcome pandavas and rajmata kunti. I felt so happy while welcoming mata Gandhari, she was so happy that she hugged me which clearly startled Rajmata kunti. I took them to a beautifully decorated pooja area where baby shower was supposed to be held. Yes I held a big pooja for my children.

The Pooja went in full swing, everything was perfect

The Pooja went in full swing, everything was perfect. Then now it was finally time to announce mata Gandhari as the Rajmata of Nidhipur. Everyone went to the Court room. Me and Nidhi went and sat in our seats next to each other, I could see the shock on everyone's because in most of the Rajyas women are not allowed in the court and they are just queens for namesake. Then we heard a loud laugh echoing it was chedi naresh Shishupal. Then.....
Shishupal : wow! Samrat Karn you really are a slave to Samragi Nidhi first you named you rajya after her and now you are giving her equal rights too.

I was very angry how dare he insult my wife, I tried controlling myself but he continues to insult everyone. After some time Nidhi got up and said.....
Nidhi : Cheri Naresh, you know how much you are sounding worthless, you know you can make yourself useful and just shut up.
Shisupal : HOW DARE YOU PETTY WOMAN INSUL ME?
Me : lower your voice, I won't stand an insult against my wife.

My voice came like a hiss almost I can't recognize my own voice, he looked at me sacred and sat down rumbling few curses under his breath. Now that the sabha was quite I can finally announce mata Gandhari as the Rajmata of Nidhipur. Then.....
Me : now that the sabha is back to it's discipline, I wanted to make an important announcement.
Bhishma : go ahead Samrat.
Me : I, Radhey Karn now announce Maharani of Hastinapur as Rajmata of Nidhipur.

All were shocked at my announcement, I looked at Rajmata Kunti she looked pissed but chose to remain silent. Then my gaze turned towards Mata Gandhari she looked thrilled and a few tears escaped her eyes, I went to her and caught her tears and put it on my head. Then.....
Vidur : Samrat Karn, she is our queen you can't make her your Rajmata.
Kunti : yes I agree.
Bhishma : yes, Kunti should be your Rajmata not Gandhari.
Me : Mahamahim, as you know I from the moment refused to accept Rajmata Kunti as my mother just like she refused to accept me by throwing me in the river like trash and as far as Mata Gandhri being your queen is concerned why don't we ask her to choose if she wants to be your queen or our Rajmata.
Gandhari : from the moment I came to Hastinapur as the kulvadhu I was always insulted, I now I am not the wife of Maharaj Dhridrashtra, I am not the vadhu of kuruvansha, I am not the mother of kauravas and I am not the sister of Rajmata Kunti. I am the Rajmata of Nidhipur, mother of Karn and sister of Radha.
Me : mata now you don't have to carry the burden of clothing your eyes you can remove the blindfold.
Gandhari : yes putri.

With that mata Gandhari took off her blindfold

then she looked at me with tears and said.....
Gandhari : putr, I have always wanted to see your face.
Me : mata now you will get the respect you have always deserved.
Nidhi : Gandhari maa, you know Arya has already arranged a beautiful seat for you.
Gandhari : yes putri.

Nidhi led mata Gandhari to her seat, she turned to the cowed and joined her hands and sat down on her seat with pride.

Something snapped in me and my gaze fell on Gandhar Raj Shakuni, he looked so happy

Something snapped in me and my gaze fell on Gandhar Raj Shakuni, he looked so happy. I have always known he loved his sister and now his wish of happiness of his sister was finally fulfilled, the look of happiness and satisfaction flooded his face. Then...
Bhishma : Gandhari, what the hell have you done?
Shakuni : Don't say a word Mahamahim, my sister has finally received the happiness and respect she deserves. I am very happy with that my sister chose to be Rajmata of Nidhipur rather then Maharani of Hastinapur because here she will get respect and there she well be insulted and will suffer.

Everyone was shocked with his declaration, me, Nidhi, Radhamaa, Hidimba and Mata Gandhari were beaming with happiness. The Hastinapur family left Nidhipur disappointed, and in Nidhipur the biggest party ever held was kept . I just wish this happiness will last forever.

THE END
DID YOU LIKE THE ENDING?