Breaking a Beast's Heart

(Hattie P.O.V)

Uma led us to where Ben was being held and he was knocked out cold. Evie got him into some Isle clothes that look nice on him but he was trying far too hard, Ethan had no look in his eyes and I was worried so I walked in front of him calmly. "You don't have to do this, remember that." I told him and he nodded stiffly and I sighed and pecked his cheek which brought a ghost of a smile but it returned to its frown. I then turned towards Ben, the poor boy was tied up around his torso and I don't think it was comfortable which served him right for ignoring the people on the Isle. "Wake up!" I shouted and stomped my heeled boots and he was scared and looked around and saw me and Ethan and his face was one of confusion and betrayal. "What is this?" Ben asked us and I looked at Ethan who nodded and I walked out of the room. 

(Ethan P.O.V)

Once Hattie was gone, I held a cold look at Ben who was mad and confused about what was going on. I mean I don't blame him since he doesn't know why this is happening and why I am here. "Ethan, what is all of this? Why was Hattie wearing that?" Ben asked me and I growled slightly and he looked shocked but instead I walked slowly towards him. Not once did I flinch when he looked at me with a confused look. I bent down to his level and looked into his hazel green eyes he inherited from his parents. "You abandoned them." I said and he looked confused. "Abandoned who?" Ben asked me and I got angered real quickly, to show that I hit the wall of the room he was in, the wooden wall had a hole in it. "What was our proclamation about Ben, and think really hard about this before I hurt you." I warned him and he realized what I meant. "Now you got it in your dimwitted skull, now why did you not help them?" I asked him and I could hear a growl rip out of my throat when I asked him those questions. 

For a few minutes there was nothing but silence and when he didn't answer I about lost it. "So you had no reason to stop helping them but rather you just ignored them?" I asked him and he didn't answer then and I really lost it. "ANSWER ME BENJAMIN!!" I shouted and he flinched when I called him his first full name. "I got distracted with the council meetings and making sure that I could spend time with Mal." He spitted out and I hit the wooden post he was tied against. "THE SAME GIRL WHO NEEDED YOUR HELP AND YET YOU IGNORED THAT! YOU BEN ARE MORE BEAST THAN YOUR OWN FATHER!" I roared and he let some tears fall but that didn't stop me but I calmed down, so glad I had no magic right or else this would be worse. "You ignored all of those who you say you cared about, you left me with ALL of your responsibilities so you can play boyfriend to a girl who's mental health was going down hill. You have hurt those and I can't be around you right now, when we return to Auradon, I will be temporarily step down as Royal Advisor, I need to decide if this is worth losing my own self worth." I told him and he tried to apologize but I walked out of the room, Hattie was there waiting for me, a apologetic smile was on her face and once I reached her I broke down. 

"I know Ethan, I know." She whispered and we just went to her room at the Chip Shop and we went to sleep.

Authors opinion: Hey everyone and here is the newest chapter. I tried to write this and I think I did well, I also had to make sure that this was still Ethan in the end and his personality despite the yelling. Anyway when I'm writing this it's Prom on Memorial Day Weekend and I have a few more hours before I have to leave. Either way I hope you all have a good day or night whenever you're reading this and so until the next time bye